cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8323 application support

vadrevujyothi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MPC8323E-RDB Board. I am using LTIB for building file system and kernel images I want to store some parameters regarding to my application by using files. But total flash is using for booting. Can you suggest where i can store these files into ROM memory for retaining the parameters? Is that board can retain any parameters after resetting? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looking to board schematic, I see only two memories (see page 4) - flash memory and small eeprom "M24256" connected to I2C interface. So, if your flash in totally used, than the only option is this eeprom. Yes, eeproms retain data after resetting.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vadrevujyothi
Contributor I

Thanks you for responding. I have one more problem that i want to load

jffs2 image to flash.. i am able to write into flash but i am not able to

read that image..while booting it is showing empty..can you help me out in

this?

On 27-Dec-2016 12:35 PM, "alexander.yakovlev" <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, what do you exactly mean by "able to write into flash but not able to read" - how exactly you come to the conclusion that you are able to write, if you do not have a possibility to read and, therefore, verify that write operation is successful?

0 Kudos