MPC8313--BDI print COP status is 0x05

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8313--BDI print COP status is 0x05

johnnywang
Contributor I

As the title,when I load U-BOOT with BDI2000 for MPC8313,the bdi print as the attached file。

what kind of conditions will cause this problem,can anyone help?

thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

On the target board, please ensue HRESET not tied to TRST, HRESET to the processor exclusive to COP/JTAG header. Problems arise when the core is reset and the debugger doesn't know about it, usually the debugger will report the processor cannot be put into STOP mode.

Please refer to page 5 in the attached PPT about JTAG interface design.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

johnnywang
Contributor I

HRESET connect to the jtag(pin 13) directly,with a 1KΩ pull up resistor。

COP/JTAG‘s TRST(pin 4)use a or gate with the poreset to the CPU’TRST,and the COP/JTAG‘s TRST pull up with a 4.7K resistor。

It fits the page 5 of the PPT。

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please make sure there is valid RCW on the target board.

0 Kudos

johnnywang
Contributor I

How can I do it?   I have 5 board,four is in good condition,one occurs the problem as shown。Maybe I should replace the MPC8313?

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Johnny

This essentially indicates that BDI issues a freeze command but the processor does not come to stopped state. It is probably because your board does not boot. You can disconnect the BDI and check with logic analyzer or oscilloscope to see if the processor tries to fetch the boot vector.

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

johnnywang
Contributor I

thank you for your response。

The boot file can't program into the Flash now,I don't kown where can I fetch the boot vector without BDI。

I can get the ddrclk(MEMC_MCK/MEMC_MCK# ) when the BDI connected ,so it seems  the PLL work up,the boot is running。But when the HRESET comes to high,the uart1 put nothing out。I have also measured the power supply、the power-on-reset sequence,they fit the specification of mpc8313。

so can you give some suggest ?

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Johnny, please e-mail me your config file and I will take a look. Also I think you are doing RCW overwrite in your config via BDI. As Yipping suggests below, you need also make sure the RCW you are providing is valid and reflects your design. Send me your BDI config file directly as well information about your board as much as you can and I will take a look.

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

johnnywang
Contributor I

Hi Sinan,

I'v send the config file.The board works with 33Mhz of sysclk,two piece of MT47H64M16NF DDR2 SDRAM.More infomations as below:

--

Clock configuration:
  Coherent System Bus:  166 MHz
  Core:                 333 MHz
  Local Bus Controller: 166 MHz
  Local Bus:             41 MHz
  DDR:                  333 MHz
  SEC:                   55 MHz
  I2C1:                 166 MHz
  I2C2:                 166 MHz
  TSEC1:                166 MHz
  TSEC2:                166 MHz