LTIB for MPC8641DHPCN is proven for which Host OS version?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB for MPC8641DHPCN is proven for which Host OS version?

nishad_kamdar
Contributor IV

I am working on MPC8641DHPCN board. I am following the documentation given in the BSP User's Manual in the DVD. 

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 as my host OS.

However, i am facing many issues regarding the same. I would be thankful if anyone could tell me the OS version on which the documentation is based.

Thanks and regards,

Nishad

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LTIB is quite old software, initially designed to run on redhat-type systems, it does not work on Ubuntu without patch.

Please search this community by "Ubuntu LTIB patch" keyword.

For example, please look this link:

ubuntu-ltib-patch.tgz 

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nishad_kamdar
Contributor IV

Hello Alexander,

Thanks, I understand that LTIB is a very old software, however, i have used LTIB for IMX6Q and the Linux User guide for IMX6Q mentions that the document is based on LTIB installation on Ubuntu 9.10.

From what i understand, the LTIB versions are different for different processors and development boards.

On similar lines, i would like to know that the procedure for LTIB installation provided in the DVD no 3 for MPC8641DHPCN, was originally tested on which distribution of OS?

I will then use the same OS version which will save me a large amount of development time.

Thanks,

Nishad

0 Kudos