cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in booting up NAND device

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Team,

I am currently working on T2080RDB board to bring-up u-boot on NAND device. I am facing an issue which is as described below.

When I am loading U-boot through TFTP it is getting loaded and booted up whereas when I am trying to load u-boot through Code-warrior flash programmer i am unable to see logs on console. I have compared the bin files obtained from dump flash and they are same.

For reference I am attaching the NAND flash file. Please, can anyone suggest me what could be the issue?.

Thanks,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos
11 Replies

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for quick response.

Here is the NAND flashing log in attachment.

Regards,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for the uboot file.

I programmed with the CodeWarrior but it's not booting up. PFA the Dump flash, I have compared with the original file on Beyond Compare. Both the files were same.

Same file I tried to load on NAND through TFTP and it booted till first stage and was throwing DDR error as mentioned in the logs file attached, which was working on MEM_PLL_RAT = 12 in RCW.

Regards,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

After use CodeWarrior program u-boot-nand.bin to NAND flash, under u-boot please read NAND flash image to 0x20000000, download the original image file to 0x10000000, then compare 0x20000000 and 0x10000000.

=> tftp 0x10000000 nxa22585/t2080/u-boot-nand.bin
=> nand read 0x20000000 0 $filesize

=> cmp.b 0x10000000 0x20000000 $filesize

If the result are not same, it means there is problem with CodeWarrior flash programmer.

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for the quick and valuable response.

I tried the comp.b and got the the difference as:

=> tftp 0x10000000 u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin
Using FM1@DTSEC3 device
TFTP from server 10.60.101.187; our IP address is 10.60.101.180
Filename 'u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin'.
Load address: 0x10000000
Loading: ############################################################
2.7 MiB/s
done
Bytes transferred = 875408 (d5b90 hex)
=> nand read 0x20000000 0 $filesize

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0xd5b90
875408 bytes read: OK
=> cmp.b 0x10000000 0x20000000 $filesize
byte at 0x100170b5 (0x0) != byte at 0x200170b5 (0x40)
Total of 94389 byte(s) were the same
=>

Hence it's clearly a mismatching with one byte at 0x100170b5 and 0x200170b5.

Could you please suggest how to resolve this issue and make the CodeWarrior programmer working for NAND flash.

Thanks and Regards,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is a defect of CodeWarrior flash programming algorithm, I need to report this issue to CodeWarrior development team.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that you didn't use the correct image file to program with CodeWarrior.

u-boot (2).bin used in CodeWarrior is less than 640K, however u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin is about 855K.

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Unfortunately I have loaded only u-boot.bin. Please have the updated log for "u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin".

Thanks,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I didn't find problem in your NAND flash programming procedure with CodeWarrior.

The attached is pre-built NAND boot image, please program it to the target board with CodeWarrior to check whether it works.

If it still fails, please create a flash dumping task in CodeWarrior to dump NAND flash to a file to do comparison with the original image file.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Regarding flash programming with CodeWarrior for PA architecture, please refer to this document.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-Development-Tools/Flash-Programmer-for-CodeWarrior-Power-Ar...

0 Kudos

singhawadhesh
Contributor I

Hi Yipingwang,

Thanks for your quick response.

we have used this method only as mentioned in the document and we are not able to boot from NAND whereas when we are using TFTP instead of codewarrior with same image then we are able to boot from NAND.

So this is the issue which we are facing. Please can you suggest us what could be the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Awadhesh Singh

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please open console panel from Window->Show View->Console, then execute the flash programming again, the flash programmer log will be displayed in the Console panel. Would you please capture the  flash programmer log to me to do more investigation?

0 Kudos