Flash u-boot image to NOR flash using NOR boot tftp method

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash u-boot image to NOR flash using NOR boot tftp method

Winston
Contributor I

I am working with mpc8248 custom board, here we have only NOR flash (one bank)chip for booting, we are not having any other memory devices, the board is booting completely, need to update the u-boot image,  flashcp command also not available, 

So I selected the tftp procedure and I tested that method on ls1021atwr board, i booted the board using NOR flash (we have only one bank)  and i stopped in uboot and ran the tftp procedure, it got flashed to the booted NOR flash memory and I reset the board, then the board got booted with the updated uboot, in the same NOR device.

So my doubt is if I use the same tftp procedure on mpc8248 custom board(boot the board using nor flash bank1 and flash the image to nor bank 1) , it will boot properly or not. Please confirm the procedure will work or not?

Note: I tried one time in mpc8248 custom board, it got flashed uboot image properly using tftp, but when I reset the board it is not booting(suspecting uboot image which I flashed may have issue). But the same worked on ls1021twr board.

Regards

Winston.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So my doubt is if I use the same tftp procedure on mpc8248 custom board(boot the board using nor flash bank1 and flash the image to nor bank 1) , it will boot properly or not. Please confirm the procedure will work or not?

[NXP] It will boot properly. The procedure will work.

Probably there is problem with your programed u-boot image, you could use CodeWarrior to do board recovery.

0 Kudos