cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVK for MPC850DEVR50BU

yosuke_okuma
Contributor I

Hello,

Could you please introduce a recommended evaluation board for MPC850DEVR50BU?

The product is kind of mature, but our customer has been using the product and facing some technical issues.

So the customer would like to obtain the evaluation board to solve their issues.

Thank you.

Yosuke,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

yosuke_okuma
Contributor I

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for the information. Understand it.

Actually our customer was trying to confirm duplicability of their issue on the evaluation board. So would it be possible to advise if you can suggest any idea against the issue at the customer in terms of any technical stand point?

Part# MPC850DEVR50BU 

Application Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Networks 

Symptom

Once turning on the power of the application, their system repeats resetting and fetching one or two minuets later.

And eventually the system cannot run.
The customer suspected the CPU cannot fetch instructions from SDRAM correctly.
This error also occurred not only the application level but also board level.

They did ABA swap by the same lot and another lot as well, but the symptom did not occur using another lot.

There is no major change of hardware at the customer. The application has been produced for over 10 years with the part, but the issue is first time occurring.

In addition, here is another check points which the customer reviewed.

Control Signal between SDRAM and MPC850

-There was no abnormal signal.

Check read timing

-The timing of DQ7 was correctly read. 

Your any feedback would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Yosuke

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please specify _exact_ and full list of differences between this "bad" lot and previous "good" lot.

0 Kudos

yosuke_okuma
Contributor I

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply.

The difference is that whether instructions from SDRAM can be fetched correctly or not.

The errors on the software said “ software emulation exception (0x1000)” and “Machine check exception (0x200)”.  

If you have any idea how the customer should look into any points in terms of hardware and software, please advise.

Thank you.

Yosuke

0 Kudos

yosuke_okuma
Contributor I

Hello team,

Would it be possible to update any comment or feedback on this?

Thank you.

Yosuke

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We do not offer evaluation board for MPC850DE, sorry. This board is obsoleted long time ago.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos