DC resistance between VDD and GND on MPC8548E

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC resistance between VDD and GND on MPC8548E

frankzh
Contributor I

I just got my PCB assembled which has an MPC8548E on it. I found the DC resistance between VDD and GND is about 4 ohm (SENSEVDD/SVDD/XVDD share the same power). Is that normal for the chip? What's the approx. DC resistance between VDD and GND?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Frank Zhang,

It's not recommend measuring DC resistance between VDD and GDN as manufacturing criteria. Attached application note explains why this measurement is highly suspect in today's technologies.

As the app note says, your part (MPC8548 which is 90nm) was thoroughly tested before it left the factory for opens, shorts, and functional operation. Unless you have reason to think it got damaged during assembly,you have just proven what is normal DC resistance for that particular part. As the app note explains, other parts may exhibit a different value so taking the measurement is not so useful.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos