Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD_SNVS_IN current consumption in different boot modes

teikhooiteoh
Contributor I

Hi,

The datasheet of i.MX6Q only shows current consumption of VDD_SNVS_IN as below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.pngThis maximum consumption is for BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 00 and no Tamper feature is used.

Is there consumption specification for other operating conditions? e.g. BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 10 (boot from board setting) and Tamper feature is used (with TAMPER pin E11 pull-up to VDD_SNVS_IN via 4.7kohm).

Will it be still within the 400uA supply limit from PMIC (MMPF0100ANES) VSNVS output?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The information you are looking for is not specified, however, when system is power-down, the only consumption current from VDD_SNVS_IN is around 22uA - 23uA with all Passive Tamper and/or Active Tamper detections enabled. So, let say that you add this 23uA to the 275uA of VDD_SNVS_IN of the BOOT_MODE on 00, we have around 300uA, so, the total 400uA from the VSNVS output pin of the PMIC should be enough.

You can find more details in the following document: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329213 

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

teikhooiteoh
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

From the description, the max. consumption should be 300uA.

However, from my measurement, I have the below results:

BOOT_MODE[1:0]

CPU_TAMPER

I(VCC_PMIC_VSNVS)

With PU

473μA

Without PU

442μA

With PU

147μA

Without PU

118μA

It does seems that with other boot modes and tamper passive, the

consumption could be substantially higher, even beyond the specified PMIC

VSNVS output limit.

Is this valid? If yes, I am concern on the matching between the PMIC and

i.MX6Q.

Please help to advice. Thanks!

Regards,

TEOH TEIK HOOI 张泽晖 | Staff Engineer | Electrical Engineering, Medical

R&D Division | Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd

Phone: (65) 6777 8978 | DID: (65) 6870 2585 | Mobile:(65) 9459 7235 | Fax:

(65) 6870 2508 | Email: teikhooi.teoh@olympus-ap.com

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi TEOH TEIK HOOI,

My answer from above seems to be incomplete because I was talking about the consumption of the VSNVS with different connections, but for the complete VNSVS consumption you also need to take in mind the BOOT_MODE[1:0] pins connection and the POR_B and SNVS_PMIC_ON_REQ pins connections. I recommend you to check the i.MX6UL_Low_Power_Consumption_application.pdf document where you can find the explanation of the SNVS power consumption, you can find this document as an attachment on the “MX6UL active tamper and passive tamper” community document from the following link: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329213

In case you have further questions associated with this topic, I recommend you to enter a question in the link mentioned above since this topic is associated with the power requirements of the i.MX6, more than from the Power Management IC.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos

teikhooiteoh
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that I have no access authority to the given link.

Any other way to share file?

Regards,

TEOH TEIK HOOI 张泽晖 | Staff Engineer | Electrical Engineering, Medical

R&D Division | Olympus Singapore Pte Ltd

Phone: (65) 6777 8978 | DID: (65) 6870 2585 | Mobile:(65) 9459 7235 | Fax:

(65) 6870 2508 | Email: teikhooi.teoh@olympus-ap.com

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi TEOH TEIK HOOI,

Sure, please find attached the document.

Thanks,

Jose