Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJA1169 for 28V systems

Jump to solution
rvalente
Contributor III

Hello Mates,

is the UJA1169 recommended for 28V systems, like trucks? The nominal voltage is 28V, the ECU will have load dumping protection at 36V

I need a simple 5V 100mA power supply and the UJA1169 is a true cost saving solution but robustness is a must

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Renan,

The UJA116x family is not designed for 28V (truck) application and cannot be directly used for such voltage range.

However we do see some customers intentionally converting its high battery voltage to 12V range, then using UJA116x.

As shown in the picture, the normal operation BAT range is up to 18V (e.g. load dump), with full datasheet parameters guaranteed. Above that level, parameters might fall out of the spec range.

Unfortunately, I could not tell which parameter will fail at which BAT voltage level.

Bat pin.JPG

Transients.JPG

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Renan,

The UJA116x family is not designed for 28V (truck) application and cannot be directly used for such voltage range.

However we do see some customers intentionally converting its high battery voltage to 12V range, then using UJA116x.

As shown in the picture, the normal operation BAT range is up to 18V (e.g. load dump), with full datasheet parameters guaranteed. Above that level, parameters might fall out of the spec range.

Unfortunately, I could not tell which parameter will fail at which BAT voltage level.

Bat pin.JPG

Transients.JPG

Best regards,

Tomas

rvalente
Contributor III

Tks by you support, 

Any suggestions for a SBC for 28V system?

0 Kudos