Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF8121 in TBB mode

juhi_pandey
Contributor II

Platform:     i.MX 8M-Mini + PF8121

Hi,

I'm using PF8121(F2) in an upcoming board design(using IMX8-M mini) and working on PMIC TBB mode configuration using KITPF8121FRDMEVM and Flex GUI right now. On the KITPF8121FRDMEVM board, I have the jumper J20 open and J21 in 2-3 ->TBB mode( described on Page 11 of the datasheet https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM11214.pdf ).

The output configuration I need for switchers and LDO is :

SW1 - 0.8V
SW2 - 0.9V
SW3 - 0.95V
SW4 - 1.1V
SW5 - 1.35V
SW6 - 1.8V
SW7 - 3.3V

LDO1/LDO2 - Unused
LDO3 - 2.5V
LDO4 - 1.8V
SNVS- 1.8V

Can you help on how to disable LDO1/LDO2 in the attached excel sheet?

Can you confirm if I can use the attached excel sheet to load the registers in the Flex GUI?

Thanks,

Juhi

Tags (2)
7 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juhi,

Can you help on how to disable LDO1/LDO2 in the attached excel sheet?

[A] To disable the LDO1 and LDO2 in the excel sheet, you just need to set the OTP_LDO1_SEQ and OTP_LDO1_SEQ to OFF.

Can you confirm if I can use the attached excel sheet to load the registers in the Flex GUI?

[A] Yes, You can use the attached excel sheet to generate a script file (using EXPORT CONFIG FILE) to be able to load the registers in the FlexGUI.  

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juhi_pandey
Contributor II

Thanks Jose. I made changes to the excel sheet as suggested by you.

When I export the script(using export Config file) and load it into the Flex GUI, I see the following error :

pastedImage_1.png

Can you help resolve this?

Thanks,

Juhi

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juhi,

Is your KL25Z MCU firmware up to date?

I ask this because the KL25Z MCU provides the FlexGUI firmware in charge of converting the USB communication into MCU instructions to control digital I/Os as well as I2C communication to the PMIC.

If the FRDM-KL25Z is not loaded with the correct firmware, the firmware can be updated in few simple steps as you can see in section 5.4 on pages 16, 17 and 18 of the boards user guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM11214.pdf

If the KL25Z firmware is up to date, then other possibility is the script generated from the excel.

When filling the excel, make sure to fill all required fields marked with a * to enable file generation. When generating a TBB script, it is important to match the device name with the device name in the FlexGUI to ensure proper generation of the script commands.

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductors

juhi_pandey
Contributor II

Thanks Jose. 

My main issue was with the KL25Z Firmware. I updated the bootloader version and that fixed my problem.

After that I was able to verify TBB configuration on the evaluation board. 

Thanks for your support. 

-Juhi

jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juhi

Good to see that, and you should use the "Generate Output file " to generate the script, and the yellow button should be choosen TBB . the script should be:

pastedImage_1.png

then when you load and run the script , it will work in TBB mode.

BRs

jinyu 

PMIC and SBC question

juhi_pandey
Contributor II

Hi Jinyu,

Is there a way for the PMIC to hold its TBB register values after a power cycle?

Right now on the evaluation board, I have J21 open to allow MCU to control TBB EN pin. 

If I set J21 in 2-3 -> TBB mode enabled, will it hold the register values after power cycle?

Thanks,

Juhi

0 Kudos

jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juhi

When OPEN J21 and use MCU to keep TBBEN is high or set J21 in 2-3 to let TBBEN is high, the TBB mode is enable.
In this time, if you just control PWRON to power off and power on, the TBB register values will be hold after a power cycle. But if you let vin is 0V, the TBB register values won't be hold.

BRs

jinyu 

PMIC and SBC question
0 Kudos