Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA9420 - "ON" push without effect

Jump to solution
Gautier_Electronic
Contributor I

Hi community,

I would like to have fresh ideas about my current problem.

I use a PCA9420 on my design and I would like to use the feature which is doing an hard reset to the output rails when "ON" pin is turned '0' for a certain time.

I see that the "ON" is well turned '0', my PMIC is doing all goods output voltages but I can stay pressed for >16s no rails are going down. I have no idea about what could be bad in my design.

If anybody has an idea it will be well appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gautier_Electronic
Contributor I

Hi community,

I found the solution. In my application it was necessary to disable SW1 which is not used. SW1 voltage output was not at the good value so SYSRSTn was pulled-down by the PCA9420. He looks like if the SYSRSTn is low the ON input algorithm is not working.

What was strange is, the ON mechanism didn't work but my LDO2/SW2 was enable and at my expected values.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gautier_Electronic
Contributor I

Hi community,

I found the solution. In my application it was necessary to disable SW1 which is not used. SW1 voltage output was not at the good value so SYSRSTn was pulled-down by the PCA9420. He looks like if the SYSRSTn is low the ON input algorithm is not working.

What was strange is, the ON mechanism didn't work but my LDO2/SW2 was enable and at my expected values.

Regards

0 Kudos