PCA9420 - changing BIT4 of the I2C address to able to run two devices in parallel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA9420 - changing BIT4 of the I2C address to able to run two devices in parallel

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Team,

This is a follow-up thread for PCA9420 - general questions ,

Could you please advise the following questions below:

1.  Please advise if the customer latch always-on at the ON pin, could this lead to reset the device, or may it cause other phenomena? 

2. About the BIT4 for changing the I2C address to able to run two devices in parallel, please advise how to configure/trim BIT4 to “1”?.

Waiting for your kind response, Thanks a lot.

B.Regards,

Shai 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shai_b,

please see below an answer from an application engineer I have contacted.

DESCRIPTION

1.  Please advise if the customer latch always-on at the ON pin, could this lead to reset the device, or may it cause other phenomena? 

If ON pin is always low, the device will reset every 4, 8, 12 or 16s(default 8s) for a long press duration time.

2. About the BIT4 for changing the I2C address to able to run two devices in parallel, please advise how to configure/trim BIT4 to “1”?

BIT4 in I2C address is MTP option, this bit can be trim to 1 in the product line in the factory before chips go to customer side. MTP configured chips are special ordered compared default state chips.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

Thank you so much for your inputs, please advise the below:

1.If ON pin is always low, the device will reset every 4, 8, 12 or 16s(default 8s) for a long press duration time.

[SB] Please advise if there is any way to disable this feature? 

2. BIT4 in I2C address is MTP option, this bit can be trim to 1 in the product line in the factory before chips go to customer side. MTP configured chips are special ordered compared default state chips.

[SB] in case the customer already ordered samples and plans for assembly in two weeks frame time, could you please advise if there is any workaround that can be done in order to change the BIT4?

or alternative how I can order as fast as possible 10 pcs with BIT4 trimmed to '1'?

I'll appreciate your fast responses, Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shai_b,

please see below for an answer from the application engineer.

DESCRIPTION

1. ON long press function cannot be disabled, this is used for cold reset. Customer need to do hardware change, change the hardware connection to make ON pin is default High.

2. Does customer use 2 or more PCA9420 in one board ? if they must have BIT4 MTP to "1" , they need contact NXP sales and the samples are provided by supply chain.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos