cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXQ1TXH5 Transmitter Design Support

deniz_sinoplu
Contributor I

Hi NXP Community,

I am trying to develop a Wireless Charging Transmitter and designing a charging dock by using NXQ1TXH5 One chip solution. I followed the application note shared on product page as much as possible. I am using WE760308101103 receiver and WE760308101111E transmitter coils in my design. When I put two bare coils on top of each other when powered, wireless charging is active and power transfer level is quite good (actually receiver end pcb is getting quite warm in short time). But when there is a Plexiglas material with 2mm thickness in between coils, transmitter circuit is not able to detect the receiver coil and no power transfer is occuring. AS far as I know with Qi WPC v1.2 A11 standard should be fine with even higher distance, but this problem confused me. I am sharing my transmitter sketch and BOM in attachment. Can somebody give me an opinion where the problem would be causing from ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Here I write some suggestions for your debug:

1: If possible please order NXP EVB for better test to eliminate receiver part issue.

NXQ1TXH5DB1401 Product Information|NXP 

2: You could change some other different receivers for more try again.

3: I attached the schematic and application note about this device please double check.

0 Kudos

deniz_sinoplu
Contributor I

G.w. Sun, thank you for your fast response. It is appreciated. 

1: If possible please order NXP EVB for better test to eliminate receiver part issue.

NXQ1TXH5DB1401 Product Information|NXP 

I will be purchasing one immediately for, right measurements.

2: You could change some other different receivers for more try again.

I already have 2 different receiver circuits and they respond the same. So I highly doubt that it is the receiver design.

3: I attached the schematic and application note about this device please double check.

I already designed the whole circuitry with reference to these resources. I would like to get your expert view for the topic so I can debug better.

First of all, since I am clearly not an expert in this area, I would like to understand what are the keypoints effecting the range of the interface surface. Is it FOD tuning, SPR or SPL features? Please help me with this because I already have a board that I can tweak so I would like to test on it first to see if there is any hope.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For FOD function please read attached for help your debug!

0 Kudos