cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Connection Error for TEA2017DB1580

Jeet1997
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to change the PFC setting for TEA2017DB1580 demo board using Ringo GUI. I have attached the connections for my test setup. Currently, the RDK01DB1563 USB-I2C interface is out-of-stock and thus I am using C232HM-EDHSL for USB to I2C communication. The C232HM-EDHSL doesn't have a pull-up resistor feature, thus I have made an additional board to provide the pull-up feature. While connecting the USB to I2C interface to the demo board and monitoring the communication in Ringo GUI, the GUI does not receive any acknowledgement from the demo board. Also, while monitor the SCL signal, the signal is not consistent or stable. 

I would like to know if there are any additional changes needed to update the setting in the TEA2017DB1580 demo board using Ringo GUI and C232HM-EDHSL USB to I2C interface. 

Please find the details in the attachment below.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ramprakash07
Contributor III

Based on the information provided, it seems like you're experiencing issues with the I2C communication between your C232HM-EDHSL USB to I2C interface and the TEA2017DB1580 demo board. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. Check your pull-up resistors: You mentioned that you've added an additional board to provide the pull-up feature. Please ensure that the pull-up resistors are correctly sized. The I2C bus requires a pull-up resistor on both the SDA and SCL lines. The value of these resistors can vary depending on the bus speed, bus voltage, and the total capacitance on the bus. A common value is 4.7k ohms for a 5V bus, but you may need to adjust this based on your specific setup.

2. Check your wiring: Make sure that all of your connections are secure and that there are no shorts or opens in your wiring. The SDA and SCL lines should be connected to the corresponding pins on your USB to I2C interface, and the GND line should be connected to a common ground.

3. Check your software settings: Ensure that the Ringo GUI is correctly configured to communicate with the TEA2017DB1580 demo board. You should be able to select the correct I2C address for the demo board in the software settings. Also, make sure that the software is set to the correct bus speed. The TEA2017DB1580 supports a bus speed of up to 400kHz.

4. Check your power supply: The TEA2017DB1580 requires a power supply of 3.3V. Make sure that your power supply is stable and within this range.

If you're still experiencing issues after checking these things, it may be helpful to use an oscilloscope to monitor the SDA and SCL lines during communication. This can help you identify any issues with the signal integrity.

0 Kudos

Jeet1997
Contributor I

Hello Ramprakash, thank you for replying.

Based upon point 4. I would like to know which are the header pins for external power supply connection.

Thank you

0 Kudos