cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS8530 FlexGUI Problem: Watchdog Configuration

Jump to solution
asaunder
Contributor II

Hello, it seems there may be an error in my FlexGUI OTP tool for configuring the FS8530 SBC. The version I am using is Revision 2.1 according to the cover sheet. 

In the "OTP_conf_failsafe_reg" tab there is the watchdog configuration information (it cannot be edited).

asaunder_0-1668094825020.png

However, according to the datasheet and the "OTP_conf_failsafe_bits" the Simple WD should be associated with bit 0 and the Challenger WD should be 1.

asaunder_1-1668094932998.png

This makes me think that the OTP is being configured for a Simple WD rather than a Challenger WD like the FlexGUI tool is claiming. This is confirmed from initial HW testing where software for a simple watchdog is able to prevent resets.

Is this an issue been discovered already by the NXP team? Right now it seems I have no way of configuring the tool for a Challenger WD because I cannot edit the bit. Do you recommend editing the text file generated as a near-term solution? Thank you for any support

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am pleased to contact you again.

You are correct, I think this is a version issue.

Please review the file attached to this response. You may find the V2.2 FS85 OTP  tool.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

Could you please specify what is the evaluation board that you are using?

diazmarin09_0-1668194519847.png

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
asaunder
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am using the middle one (KITFS85SKTEVM).

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You patience is greatly appreciated.

Please review the response from the SBC team below:

Customer need to select FS85xx device under OTP_conf_file_generation sheet, and then WD type will be changed to Challenger WD automatically.

I think he may choose FS84 device at present, and the corresponding watchdog is simple watchdog.

diazmarin09_0-1668784298707.png

Please let me know if any further questions.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
asaunder
Contributor II

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately that is not my issue. I have FS8530 selected as my device family. Let me be add a little more detail.

• When I select an FS84 chip the OTP_CFG_ASIL message is 0x03. (0000 0011)
  • When I select an FS85 chip the OTP_CFG_ASIL message becomes 0x3F. (0011 1111)

The main bit of concern is bit 6, which is the WD_Selection bit and cannot be changed in the excel tool. For challenger watchdog that bit should be 1.

Unfortunately I cannot see the OTP_CFG_ASIL message on the screenshot you posted to see if it is the same issue. Can you pass this along to the SBC team to see if it is the same for them?

Note: Perhaps this is an issue with V2.1 that was fixed in V2.2 of the OTP tool. I have submitted a request for the updated version to see.

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am pleased to contact you again.

You are correct, I think this is a version issue.

Please review the file attached to this response. You may find the V2.2 FS85 OTP  tool.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
asaunder
Contributor II

Thank you for the assistance!

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I want to let you know that I requested further information to the corresponding team. 

Upon receiving a response I will contact you immediately. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos