Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design an high power psu with adjustable 12V 100A cc output

Jump to solution
albertobeghetto
Contributor II

Good morning,

i'm searching some information or reference design to develop an high power PSU, somwthing like laboratory psu but with high power output.

This device will have these specifications:

- input 220v ac

- output cc

- adjustable output from aprox 0 to 12V

- output current limit up to 100A

- highest cost efficency possibile

- highest efficency possible

After some days of search in net i see KV46 Digital LLC Converter Reference Design from nxp site. But that board provide a fixed output.

My question are:

- what kind of psu is best ? can LLC be the right choose?

- there is an existent reference design to start from? maybe somwthing with lower output power re-adaptable to my specs

Alberto

EDIT:

for user interface i want to use a graphic touch display so i have to foresee an interface to another board

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alberto,

I understand. Unfortunately we do not have full bridge controllers in our portfolio. Only option could be an MCU, but I do not support MCUs. Could you please place a new question in the community or could you please create a case and an NXP support representative for the MCUs will take care of it. Please see this link: https://support.nxp.com/s/

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Albertogeghetto,

please see comparison of isolated SMPS topologies in a file attached. For your design a best option would be a full bridge LLC SMPS. But we don't have a full bridge LLC controller. The half bridge LLC could also be an option. Please find attached a reference design manual to the KV46 board.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
albertobeghetto
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

thanks for reply.

It seems that full bridge LLC is my solution, especially in anticipation of next project, same device with 500A output.

Is there a way to design a full bridge LLC with nxp product. There is no other nxp product for this application?

I worked a lot with nxp for many of my project, so i wold like to stay here. Changing mcu/mpu family is not a problem.

Thanks in advice.

Alberto

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alberto,

I understand. Unfortunately we do not have full bridge controllers in our portfolio. Only option could be an MCU, but I do not support MCUs. Could you please place a new question in the community or could you please create a case and an NXP support representative for the MCUs will take care of it. Please see this link: https://support.nxp.com/s/

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
albertobeghetto
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

i create a case in NXP support.

Thanks for all

Alberto