Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35FS6500 Reset Reason

Jump to solution
daniele_spinell
Contributor I

Hi all,

I saw on product's datasheet that there are a lot of reasons which could cause an SBC reset via RSTB route. That's fine, but I need to know, most generically, if the reset was due to RSTB or POR. How could I do that?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DennisZeng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Daniele

If reset is caused by POR, it is normal power up sequence, MCU will run initialization for SBC.

If reset is caused by  low pulse of external RSTB pin, because MCU reset pin is connected to RSTB, so both MCU and SBC would reset.   Pls. check below register for external reset of SBC.

pastedImage_1.png

Br

Dennis Zeng 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DennisZeng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Daniele

If reset is caused by POR, it is normal power up sequence, MCU will run initialization for SBC.

If reset is caused by  low pulse of external RSTB pin, because MCU reset pin is connected to RSTB, so both MCU and SBC would reset.   Pls. check below register for external reset of SBC.

pastedImage_1.png

Br

Dennis Zeng 

0 Kudos
vaibhav_sharma
Contributor III

Hi Dennis,

I am using 33FS6513. Currently, checking in debug mode. So, can this be concluded that on POR, this bit(RSTB_EXT) won't be set? 

The main problem that am facing is BAT_FAIL bit of INIT_VREG register is always 0. So MSM doesn't get initialized according to the SBC Init flowchart.

While debugging, I thought, can it be due to this RSTB_EXT bit setting?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
DennisZeng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Vaibhav

RSTB_EXT bit should not be set after PoR.  

Pls. make  sure Vsup is 0V  before you apply power supply on FS65. Sometimes the residual charge on capacitor of Vsup may maintain register vaules  and BAT_FAIL is 0

Br

Dennis