Did you mean: 

who fills local-mac-address

Jump to solution
hyoungkikim
Contributor III

hello experts

i am new to dts and have a question

in dts file   local-mac-address is all zero

but when kernel boots up   there are valid mac-address which is set  by u-boot's ethaddr variable

i wonder  who changes  local-mac-address  using u-boot's ethaddr variable

before boot    , in u-boot    i  use fdt command  and printed dts  and local-mac-address are all zero

so i think  in kernel  bootup process , some process change local-mac-address  by using u-boot bdinfo

am i wrong ?

any infomation is welcome 

thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

u-Boot performs multiple FDT fixups before passing it to the kernel. local-mac-address is one of the properties that are automatically updated

according to the current configuration. See common/fdt_support.c

Have a great day

Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

u-Boot performs multiple FDT fixups before passing it to the kernel. local-mac-address is one of the properties that are automatically updated

according to the current configuration. See common/fdt_support.c

Have a great day

Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!