cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"bitbake -c configure -f virtual/kernel"

Jump to solution
shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

when i execute the below command in my terminal during system builder process it is giving following error.

"bitbake -c configure -f virtual/kernel"

NOTE: Psyco JIT Compiler (http://psyco.sf.net) not available. Install it to increase performance.

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (0405/0405) [100 %]

Parsing of 405 .bb files complete (399 cached, 6 parsed). 536 targets, 1 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing runqueue

NOTE: Running task 248 of 248 (ID: 6, /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb, do_configure)

NOTE: package linux-3.0.6-r1: task do_configure: Started

NOTE: package linux-3.0.6-r1: task do_configure: Succeeded

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 248 tasks of which 247 didn't need to be rerun and 0 failed.

mistral@mistral-veriton-series:~/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder$ bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel

NOTE: Psyco JIT Compiler (http://psyco.sf.net) not available. Install it to increase performance.

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (0405/0405) [100 %]

Parsing of 405 .bb files complete (399 cached, 6 parsed). 536 targets, 1 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing runqueue

NOTE: Running task 249 of 249 (ID: 7, /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb, do_menuconfig)

ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting

ERROR: Build of /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb do_menuconfig failed

ERROR: Task 7 (/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb, do_menuconfig) failed with 256

ERROR: '/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb' failed

NOTE: package linux-3.0.6-r1: task do_menuconfig: Started

ERROR: Function do_menuconfig failed

NOTE: Task failed: ('function do_menuconfig failed', '/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/build_p2041rdb_release/work/p2041rdb-linux/linux-3.0.6-r1/temp/log.do_menuconfig.3470')

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/build_p2041rdb_release/work/p2041rdb-linux/linux-3.0.6-r1/temp/log.do_menuconfig.3470

Log data follows:

|

| (gnome-terminal:3475): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: No GSettings schemas are installed on the system

| /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/build_p2041rdb_release/work/p2041rdb-linux/linux-3.0.6-r1/temp/run.do_menuconfig.3470: line 484:  3475 Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) gnome-terminal --disable-factory -t "$TERMWINDOWTITLE" -x $SHELLCMDS

| ERROR: Function do_menuconfig failed

NOTE: package linux-3.0.6-r1: task do_menuconfig: Failed

ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting

ERROR: Build of /home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb do_menuconfig failed

ERROR: Task 7 (/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb, do_menuconfig) failed with 256

ERROR: '/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/installed/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-sdk-common-dpaa/recipes/linux/linux_3.0.6.bb' failed

please tell me how to sovle this problem and go to next step

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mattsm
Contributor III

With system builder I think you need to look at setting TERMCMD and TERMCMDRUN to acceptable values. Your gnome-terminal looks broken.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mattsm
Contributor III

With system builder I think you need to look at setting TERMCMD and TERMCMDRUN to acceptable values. Your gnome-terminal looks broken.

0 Kudos
shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer it is absolutely correct, i too tried same thing it worked for me.

I have one more dought

now am running systembuilder for p2041rdb board

now i am at "Add package patches and rebuild package" stage and i am trying to execute below command

bitbake -c clean <package-name>

here what is meant by package-name.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mattsm
Contributor III

The recipe name. So you can look for files in the following format: ${PN}_${VERSION}.bb, here PN = package name.

shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

HI,

Thank you for your answer, based on that i found package name as "rcw-p2041rdb", because of that i gone to next step but i got struct once again, I hope this may be my last dought

now i am in "Add package patches and rebuild package" stage, there they gave as below

/********************************************************************************/

Create amend.inc file and add following content in amend.inc file

SRC_URI += "file://<name-of-patch1> \              

file://<name-of-patch2> \

... \

file://<name-of-patch n> \

"

/********************************************************************************/

i didn't got what what to replace with "name of patch 1, name of patch 2 ......."

Thank you

0 Kudos
mattsm
Contributor III

What error are you seeing with building rcw-p2041rdb? I don't think you should jump in to modify the recipe and/or patches.

-M

0 Kudos
shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

Actually there was no error it was successful, The steps give are as below

/*****************************************************************************************************/

Add package patches and rebuild package

Add patches for a package (including u-boot and kernel) and rebuild this package as follows:

1. cd <system_builder_installation_path>

2. bitbake -c clean <package-name>

3. Create a new custom collection, for example, mycollection

mkdir -p mycollection/recipes/images

4. Create amend.inc file and add following content in amend.inc file

SRC_URI += "file://<name-of-patch1> \               

file://<name-of-patch2> \

... \

file://<name-of-patch n> \

"

5. Update the project configuration

./scripts/create-config.py --config-file=fsl-<bsp>/sample-create-config.ini --override-collection mycollection -j 4 -t 2

6. Rebuild this package with added patches.

bitbake <package-name>

/*****************************************************************************************************/

so in the 4th step is it not necessary no replace "name of the patch" with patch name. That was the thing i was asking.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mattsm
Contributor III

The 4th step is optional, only if you want to modify the recipe from another layer. In the example they use amend.inc to add some patches.

-M

shashankreddyvu
Contributor I
hi Matthew McClintock,

i want to use "fmc tool" on my host pc, but how to install it i didn't got it, i think the package is located at "/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/fsl-packages-private/recipes/fmc/fmc-0.9.7-2".

please help me with how to install fmc tool on host pc,

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mattsm
Contributor III

If build for the host, can you git clone the repo and find what you need standalone?

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ppc/sdk/fmc.git/

0 Kudos
shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

Thank you very much for clearing my doughts.

0 Kudos