cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying u-boot for QorIQ processors

Jump to solution
saurabhagarwal
Contributor III

I have a p5040 processor based demo system.  I installed poky and created images for my development board. I want to modify source code for my u-boot. document says cd <S> and modify the source code.

Use bitbake -e <package-name> | grep ^S= to get value of <S>, the package source code directory. What is this <package-name> ? Please provide any example.

I used bitbake fsl-image-full to generate all images. Documents says , to modify the u-boot, these are the commands .

1. bitbake -c cleansstate u-boot

2. bitbake -c patch u-boot

3. cd <S>

Here, I can skip step 1 and 2, If source code has already been installed.

since I have generated all images for my board, Does that mean I have installed source code and skip the step 1 and 2 ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello saurabh agarwal,

Please refer to the following example in SDK 1.8 for P5040DS.

1. Clean the build cache and get u-boot source

$bitbake u-boot -c cleansstate

$bitbake u-boot -c patch

2. Go to the u-boot source folder build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git/ to modify u-boot source.

3. Rebuild u-boot

$bitbake u-boot -c compile

4. Modify the source again in the folder build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git/ and rebuild u-boot.

$bitbake u-boot -c compile -f

5. Deploy u-boot image.

$bitbake u-boot

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello saurabh agarwal,

Please refer to the following example in SDK 1.8 for P5040DS.

1. Clean the build cache and get u-boot source

$bitbake u-boot -c cleansstate

$bitbake u-boot -c patch

2. Go to the u-boot source folder build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git/ to modify u-boot source.

3. Rebuild u-boot

$bitbake u-boot -c compile

4. Modify the source again in the folder build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git/ and rebuild u-boot.

$bitbake u-boot -c compile -f

5. Deploy u-boot image.

$bitbake u-boot

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!