cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run qemu?

lahar
Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently working with P4080DS board and I was able to download and install v1.4 SDK. I have an image of hypervisor and fsl-image-minimal in my tmp/deploy/images folder. I am currently trying to run those images on qemu but no luck. Can somebody please help me with this?

I have tried to modify the machine name inside local.conf file and tried to run "runqemu p4080ds" but that doesn't work. Looks like qemu doesn't support e500mc processors. But in SDK v1.4 it says that qemu supports v1.4 but I don't think so. Please help!

-Lahar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

QEMU is essentially a KVM control utility and shall be used together with it.

It has nothing to do with Freescale Hypervisor, which is a totally different virtualization technique.

Suggestions on installing and using KVM and QEMU can be found here:

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/topic/QORIQSDK/2888169.html

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

QEMU is a software-based machine emulator that emulates a variety of CPUs and hardware systems. KVM is a Linux kernel device driver that provides virtual CPU services to QEMU. The two software components work together as a virtual machine manager. Virtualization is an important feature of SDK.

Please refer to SDK document "KVM/QEMU" section for detailed information about how to build, deploy and run QEMU and KVM.

0 Kudos