flashing image from sdcard to nand and nor flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing image from sdcard to nand and nor flash

sourabhdas
Contributor III

Hi, I am working on P1021 Reference Board. I have my kernel image present inside my sdcard. I want to flash it to my nand and nor from my u-boot. Please suggest any document that contain the information related to image flashing from u-boot prompt.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sourabh Das,

Please try to use the following method.

=>mmc read 1000000 0 10

( 0 is the device number, 10 is block number)

Flash uImage to NOR Flash

=>protect off <kernel_start_addr> +$filesize

=>erase <kernel_start_addr> +$filesize

=>cp.b 1000000 <kernel_start_addr> $filesize

=>protect on <kernel_start_addr> +$filesize

=>qix altbank

Write to NAND Flash

=> nand erase <kernel_start_addr> +$filesize

=> nand write 1000000 <kernel_start_addr> $filesize

You could refer to SDK 1.7 document from Freescale Technical Information Center .

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

valentinmovsik
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit confuse. If the <kernel_start_addr> is equal to Linux.uImage from NOR Flash Memory Map Table ?

Thanks,

Val

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the <kernel_start_addr> is equal to Linux.uImage from NOR Flash Memory Map Table
Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos