cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config file for P1020

lamphungle
Contributor I

Dear Freescale,

I would like to ask you about some problem when i try to make u-boot image from SDcard or EEPROM (eSPI) flash memory.

As I know we need to make file include control word, configuration word  to include u-boot image.

I do that following bellow step.

1. Make u-boot.bin (based on ram by make (make P1020RDB-PC_SPIFLASH_config, and then make)

2. based on documentation AN3659, it shows we need to make configuration for sdcard and espi (*.bat) file. But I can not how to generate this file to p1020RDB-pc.

So my problem is :

Could you tell me how to generate this file.

Thank you very much!

Lam.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lamphungle
Contributor I

Dear Freescale,

I would like to ask you about some problem when i try to make u-boot image for SDcard or EEPROM (eSPI) flash memory.

As I know we need to make file include control word, configuration word(bootrom_config.bat)  to include u-boot image.

I do that following bellow step.

1. Make u-boot.bin (based on ram by make (make P1020RDB-PC_SPIFLASH_config, and then make)

2. based on documentation AN3659, it shows we need to make configuration for sdcard and espi (*.bat) file. But I don't know how to generate this file for p1020RDB-pc.

Could you tell me how to generate this file for this board.

Thank you very much!

Lam.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Forgot to mention, you can use QorIQ Configuration Suite, BOOTROM component to create your serial  ROM configuration file.

QorIQ_Config_Tool.jpg

Download links to the tool can be found here:

CodeWarriorNetworked Applications : QCVS|Freescale

Detailed instructions on how to  use the tool can be found in the documentation installed with

the package.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

canvanquyen
Contributor III

Dear bpe,

Thanks for your support.

Yes, you are right. the extension file is .DAT. 

I used codewarrior to make this file, but I don't know the PBI command(configuration word), that I can input for P1020RDB-PC.

Could you tell me where I can get it?

Thanks & Best regards,

Quyen.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think I have already mentioned boot_format tool and it's source

code. There are as many as three example configuration files applicable

to P1020RDB-PC, all include configuration word sequences.  Do 

'ls *p1*rdb_pc*' in boot_format source code directory to see them.

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

canvanquyen
Contributor III

Dear Platon,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I found that in the folder :

./build_p1020rdb_release/tmp/work/i686-linux/boot-format-native/git-r6/image/mnt/Build/SiteRouter/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1020rdb_release/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/share/boot_format/

Thank you very much,

Leo.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No files with .bat extension are involved in creating as SD card or

SPI Flash bootable for P1020. Did you mean .dat instead of .bat?

If so, the board configuration files input by boot_format tool are

plain text files, their format is explained in AN3659, Section 2.

The best way to create a configuration file for your board is to

take an existing one and modify according to your needs. There is a

lot of examples provided together with the tool source code.

If you deployed the tool to your target, you can find them under

/usr/share/boot_format. Otherwise, you can find them in the tool source

code directory.

Have a great day,
Platon

0 Kudos