Which driver should I use to add a SPI slave peripheral on my p2041 processor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which driver should I use to add a SPI slave peripheral on my p2041 processor?

Jump to solution
sergiomarques
Contributor II

Hello,

We are trying to add a peripheral to a P2041 SPI bus interface.

Our P2041 processor is running the 4.1.8 kernel available on the 2.0 SDK.

Which driver should I use? spi-fsl-spi? spidev?

Can you please share an example?

Thanks and regards,

Sérgio Marques

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

You should use driver of the eSPI controller - spi_fsl_espi (drivers/spi/spi_fsl_espi.c). See example in the

QorIQ SDK v2.0-1609 Documentation available as html pages and pdf file on the nxp webpage

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

Look for SPI Flash Over eSPI Controller User Manual in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

You should use driver of the eSPI controller - spi_fsl_espi (drivers/spi/spi_fsl_espi.c). See example in the

QorIQ SDK v2.0-1609 Documentation available as html pages and pdf file on the nxp webpage

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

Look for SPI Flash Over eSPI Controller User Manual in it.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos