What is the ASLEEP mode in P2040 and how to over come if the target permanently went into sleep mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the ASLEEP mode in P2040 and how to over come if the target permanently went into sleep mode?

nsuvarnak
Contributor I

I have painful problem in my hand, My target is P2040 and during J-TAG I have been witnessed serious problem like the target is going to ASLEEP mode and some time it will recover by power restart but some other cases it found that not even possible recover.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ASLEEP signal state meaning is described in P2040 Reference Manual, Section 27.2 "RCPM Signal Descriptions":
Asserted- Indicates that the device is either still in its power-on reset sequence or it has
reached a sleep state after a power-down command is issued by software.

The most probable reason for ASLEEP permanently asserted is the processor not coming from reset due to incorrect reset or clock configuration.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nsuvarnak
Contributor I

Hi Alexander,

If the incorrect reset or clock configuration wrong in the sense it should affect to all other boards in lot. This is case we observed out of 150 only in 3. Only when during trying to re-program by using COP. But my query is about this ASLEEP mode. We don't have any idea what should if the target  went to ASLEEP permanently. Is there any other easy way we have take back into normal mode.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the problem happens on 3 boards out of 150, than this is quality issue of these 3 particular boards. Please check boards for soldering issues using X-ray examination.

0 Kudos