What are the differences between processors having different PVRs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between processors having different PVRs?

Jump to solution
sissi_yang
Contributor I

Hi,all

I want to konw the differences between processors having different PVRs.I kown PVR values contain information on both the cpu model(upper 16 bits) and on the precise revision(low 16 bits).But I want to know the exact attributes that may affect software.Like e500v2,for example.I want to emulate a e500v2 core using QEMU,the exact PVR is 0x80212051 and the QEMU doesn't support.I want to kown the attributes of the 0x80212051 to make some changes.Anyone can help me?Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think we have a public document describing differences between revisions of a core.  However, I do not think the differences would be relevant to QEMU -- usually they are bug fixes or things which are not software-visible.  You could add it as a new PVR (CPU_POWERPC_e500v2_v51_dp would be an appropriate name) but no behavioral differences.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think we have a public document describing differences between revisions of a core.  However, I do not think the differences would be relevant to QEMU -- usually they are bug fixes or things which are not software-visible.  You could add it as a new PVR (CPU_POWERPC_e500v2_v51_dp would be an appropriate name) but no behavioral differences.

0 Kudos
sissi_yang
Contributor I

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos