Using bitbake to edit configuration files on SDK V1.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using bitbake to edit configuration files on SDK V1.4

dshannon55
Contributor I

I am trying to edit the configuration files using bitbake but the terminal does not recognize my bitbake commands. I am trying to go off the instructions on this link https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-8C4D9C9C-BC81-488D-B2E8-B.... I am running Linux on a P2041rdb SDK V1.4.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No. This directory is on your target and contains no configuration files. The online guide you are trying to follow implies

that you properly installed the SDK and unpacked the source on an x86 host. Please familiarize yourself with the SDK

getting started guide:

Submit Form

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dshannon55
Contributor I

Hi again Platon,

So does this directory contain the proper config file to make the changes from the step-by-step guide I was trying to follow in the beginning? Here is the link to the guide I am talking about... It is suppose to be how to enable the real-time patch.

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-5E34A886-778F-470E-8C9B-5...

linuxFolder.png

Thanks!

- Dylan

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's not possible to give any suggestion  without seeing how the system reacts to your inputs. Can you please share

a session log?

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dshannon55
Contributor I

Like this?

bitbakesession.png

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

bitbake is a central tool of QorIQ SDK which is a cross-platform SDK. You should install and run it on an x86 host. There are no provisions to run bitbake on a target board. Study my comments in the thread at the link below for more explanations and pointers to available documentation:

Apply RT PREEMPT On NXP P2041RDB-PC DEV BRD

Have a great day,
Platon

0 Kudos