USB VBUS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB VBUS

paulagarcía-mor
Contributor I

Hello, I am working with the P5040 and I am having some troubles trying to understand the USB interface. I would like to use one USB port, but I didn't understand how the divider network works. In the p5040 data sheet, at the USB controller connections(3.6.4) it is explained the schema but I did not understand the USBn_DRVVBUS and the USBn_PWRFAULT signals or the USB pump charge. Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Paula.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The integrated USB PHY has USBn_DRVVBUS and USBn_PWRFAULT signals, which are only used when the device is a host. The DRVVBUS is an output signal. It is used to enable or disable power on devices that support port power switching. The PWRFAULT is an input signal used to indicate when a Vbus fault has occurred.

The p5040 data sheet USB controller connections scheme is for the OTG (On-the-Go) support. The charge pump supplies VBUS power and signaling that is required by the transceiver as defined in On-the-Go Supplement USB 2.0. It is switched on/off by the USBn_DRVVBUS signal and reports a Vbus fault to USBn_PWRFAULT input.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos