cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U BOOT NAND CONSOLE ISSUE

sivakumarmanise
Contributor I

hi

i am using u-boot (latest version from denx) i can able to compile it for NAND and also i am getting u-boot-nand.bin but while flashing binary  file using TFTP i cant able to get the console for it (also i changed the switch setting to NAND)

NOTE : The board i am using is P2020 RDB.

DO I WANT TO ADD ANY OTHER PATCH WILE I AM COMPILING IT

PLS HELP ME OUT WITH THIS !  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No need to shout...

Which target are you using?  If you have the PCA revision of the P2020RDB, you need the P2020RDB-PC_NAND target (or P2020RDB-PC_36BIT_NAND if you prefer), not the P2020RDB_NAND or P2020RDB_36BIT_NAND targets which are for older revisions.

0 Kudos

sivakumarmanise
Contributor I

yeah i tried everything ... I can able to compile and i am not getting the console when I flashed it to the board . I am using P2020RDB.

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Again, what revision of the P2020RDB board do you have?  If you're not sure, try the P2020RDB-PC target (P2020RDB-PC_NAND for NAND boot).  u-boot-with-spl.bin is what you'll flash to NAND, rather than u-boot-nand.bin, as P2020RDB-PC is one of the first of our boards to be converted to the new SPL mechanism.

By "latest version from denx" do you mean 2013.01, or top-of-tree (in which case, what SHA1)?

0 Kudos

sivakumarmanise
Contributor I

HI

I have tried with all the possible formats present in the boards.cfg (P2020RDB-PC_NAND, P2020RDB-PC_36_NAND, P2020RDB_NAND). The revision of the board is P2020RDB PB REV D . Still I am facing the same problem. I am not getting the console .

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you show the exact steps you're taking to build the U-Boot image, put it into NAND flash, and boot it?  What exact SHA1 of the U-Boot git tree are you using, and are there any local changes?

Have you tried "run nandboot" to soft-boot into NAND rather than switches? 

Where did you get the U-Boot image that you're running out of NOR?  What happens if you build a new P2020RDB-PC image and flash it into NOR (make sure you have a way to recover your old image via JTAG, and/or use the alternate flash bank)?

0 Kudos