Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for compiler

Jump to solution
jmtroth
Contributor III

Hello,

I just started evaluating the P4080PCIe stand alone and I'm looking to use the compiler and am instructed by the documentation it's in ltib but it isn't. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Sincerely,

John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jmtroth
Contributor III

I found a patch for various issues (Ltibutils.zip here: [LTIB] LTIB on Ubuntu 12.04 :: Chune's.... ) in which I used sparse.sh for 'sparse', but ltib still failed on 'pme_tools'. However, opting to forego ltib I was able to successfully build a hello world program for the P4080 through Code Warrior. Thanks for all your help Yiping Wang!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
jmtroth
Contributor III

Breaking off reply chain for visual simplicity...

Already took care of the issue in host_config.log in my last post, here is an updated version after removing /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/isbc_cst. (it still fails to build CST)

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to your build log, I think installing "openssl" on your host could solve this cst build problem.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jmtroth
Contributor III

I appear to already have openssl:

john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$ sudo apt-get install openssl

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree      

Reading state information... Done

openssl is already the newest version.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

All the required link functions (SHA256_Update,SHA256_Init,  PEM_read_RSAPublicKey, RSA_free etc) are included in /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/libcrypto.so(libcrypto.so.0.9.8), which should be deployed by host openssl package(built by ltib).

Please try to use apt-get remove to uninstall openssl on the host, and use Ltib to build and deploy host openssl, please check host_config.log to make sure that openssl has been rebuilt.(Probably you need to reinstall ltib ISO or use the command ./ltib --hostcf -p openssl .)

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jmtroth
Contributor III

Thanks for the response, I did as suggested but unfortunately received the same error. I've attached host_config.log. This sounded like a good fix, it's too bad it didn't work. I'm fairly certain openssl was uninstalled by me and reinstalled by ltib correctly, it's puzzling that cst still failed to load.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Actually I have installed this ISO on a clean ubuntu machine, and I didn't reproduce your problem.

If this problem remains, please try to use the following method to cancel CST host package building and move on your current task.

1. #rm config/platform/host/.config

2. Edit the file config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig and comment these lines.

CONFIG_CST=y

CONFIG_CST_PKG_BUILD=y

CONFIG_PKG_CST="cst"

3. Then run this command "./ltib --hostcf" to do host deployment.

The host cst related commands has already provided in bin/cst folder, you could use them if needed.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

0 Kudos
jmtroth
Contributor III

.config did not exist before the rm command. I've commented out those lines in ltib.preconfig, and still receive the error. I also put in garbage text before CONFIG_CST=y and it's not detected, implying ltib.preconfig is not being used to begin with.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The file config/platform/host/host.config is also the temporary file, if it exists, please remove it, I attached ltib.preconfig file you.

If your problem remains, please use the direct way, remove /opt/freescale and ltib-e500mc-20110415 folders, and reinstall the ltib ISO again, then use the attached file to replace config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig, and perform ltib build.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

0 Kudos
jmtroth
Contributor III

Thanks for the file. I have done as you instructed and the cst error is gone, replaced with one about sparse. I did a google search and found no clear fixes. Please find log attached.

0 Kudos
jmtroth
Contributor III

I found a patch for various issues (Ltibutils.zip here: [LTIB] LTIB on Ubuntu 12.04 :: Chune's.... ) in which I used sparse.sh for 'sparse', but ltib still failed on 'pme_tools'. However, opting to forego ltib I was able to successfully build a hello world program for the P4080 through Code Warrior. Thanks for all your help Yiping Wang!

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could use the Compiler integrated into ltib Linux BSP, which could be downloaded from P4080PCIE: P4080PCIe Integrated Multicore Communications Processor Development System, after install ltib, the  Toolchain is located in /opt/freescale/usr/local.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

jmtroth
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I am currently in the process of installing ltib. However, I am getting a strange error. The file "ltib", when run, says it's "Failed building cst". I can't seem to find a solution to this after googling, any suggestions?

Sincerely,

John

Edit: For clarity, this is the file 'ltib-e500mc-20110415/ltib' I'm directed to run from 'ltib-e500mc-20110415/doc/LtibInstall'

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you please share your procedure and the  Linux console log?

Please mount the LTIB ISO and execute "./install" to install ltib and build environment, after the installation, you will find Toolchain is deployed in /opt/freescale/usr/local/. If you want to build images with ltib, please enter into ltib installation folder ltib-e500mc-20110415 and run "./ltib -c" to configure and build images.

0 Kudos
jmtroth
Contributor III

After the command ./install the folder /opt/freescale/usr/local does not exist.

john@linbox:/media/ltib$ ./install

WARNING: cannot find /media/ltib/EULA

If this is a release from Freesale, please report this:

* go to http://www.freescale.com
   * click on "Support / Technical support"
   * click on "Submit a Service Request"
   * register to get a user name and password.
   * login in with your user name and password
   * on the "New Service Request" page:
      * category = Technical Request
      * topic = Linux BSP
      * Click on "Continue"
   * fill out the information for the service request
   * click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

You are about to install the LTIB (GNU/Linux Target Image Builder)

Before installing LTIB, you must read and accept the EULA
(End User License Agreement) which will be presented next.

Do you want to continue ? Y|n
y

Hit enter to continue:
cat: /media/ltib/EULA: No such file or directory

I have read and accept the EULA (yes|no):
yes

The LTIB files are extracted from a tar file which includes the
prefix ltib-e500mc-20110415.  After installation you will find LTIB in:
/media/ltib/ltib-e500mc-20110415

Where do you want to install LTIB ? (/media/ltib)
~/benchmarking/
Making target directory ~/benchmarking//ltib-e500mc-20110415
Installing LTIB to ~/benchmarking//ltib-e500mc-20110415
ltib-e500mc-20110415/
ltib-e500mc-20110415/initramfs.cpio.gz
ltib-e500mc-20110415/config/
ltib-e500mc-20110415/config/userspace/

omitted for brevity, see attached

ltib-e500mc-20110415/dist/lfs-5.1/tcp_wrappers/tcp_wrappers.spec
ltib-e500mc-20110415/dist/lfs-5.1/xterm/
ltib-e500mc-20110415/dist/lfs-5.1/xterm/xterm.spec
Copying packages to ~/benchmarking//ltib-e500mc-20110415/pkgs

Installation complete, your ltib installation has been placed in
~/benchmarking//ltib-e500mc-20110415, to complete the installation:

cd ~/benchmarking//ltib-e500mc-20110415
./ltib

john@linbox:/media/ltib$ cd -
/home/john/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415
john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$ ./ltib

ltib cannot be run because one or more of the host packages needed to run it
are either missing or out of date or not in ltib's standard path.  Please
install/upgrade these packages on your host.  If you have your own utilities
in non-standard paths, please add an entry into the .ltibrc file for example:

%path_std
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/my/own/exes

Package                Minimum ver  Installed info
-------                -----------  ---------------
glibc-devel            0            not installed
zlib                  0            not installed

Died at ./ltib line 1398.
traceback:
main::host_checks:1398
  main:543

Started: Wed Jun 11 09:16:40 2014
Ended:  Wed Jun 11 09:16:42 2014
Elapsed: 2 seconds

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt
john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$ mv Ltibutils.pm bin/Ltibutils.pm
john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$ ./ltib

Installing host support packages.

This only needs to be done once per host, but may take up to
an hour to complete ...

If an error occurs, a log file with the full output may be found in:
/home/john/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415/host_config.log

Exiting on error or interrupt
Please see >> /home/john/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415/host_config.log for details
john@linbox:~/benchmarking/ltib-e500mc-20110415$

At the end there, the command on Ltibutils.pm is a fix to add the correct paths for glibc-devel and zlib.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have verified the installation, after install Ltib, the Toolchain should be located in /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.5.55-eglibc-2.11.55/powerpc-linux-gnu, please make sure you have write permission in /opt folder.

About Ltib build problem, please install "glibc-devel" and "zlib" on your build host.

If the problem remains after install these packages, please check the script bin/Ltibutils.pm in Ltib install folder,you will find the check condition as the following.

glibc-devel => existing  '/usr/lib/libm.so' or -f '/usr/lib64/libz.so'

zlib        => existing '/usr/lib/libz.so*'or '/lib/libz.so*' or '/lib64/libz.so

Please modify these check conditions according to your local environment.

Have a great day,

Yiping Wang

0 Kudos