Re-Imaging P1020WLAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Imaging P1020WLAN

erwinw
Contributor III

Are there detailed instructions on how to re-image the flash of the P1020 WLAN rev D? Are the files available in the P1020WLAN Software bundle with the factory image?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

arashaz_
Contributor II

Hi again,

There is a VB script called tftpdown-p1020wlan-nor.vbs in the USB disk provided by Freescale. You can have a look.

Arash

arashaz_
Contributor II

Hello,

If you like to put a new U-boot, I am not sure . But, if you like only to change the Linux image:

Build your Linux image using LTIB or SDK. It provides you a uImage file, a Ramdisk file and a .dtb file. Note that all these files for the default Linux installed are available in the USB provided by the device.

Then, using hyperterminal (windows) or minicom (linux), go to U-boot command line (stop normal booting). By TFTP, put those three files in the RAM and boot from RAM. If the image worked well, You can reboot and put the files in the NOR Flash in default addresses. If you use “printenv” in U-boot, you can see the default addresses (you should make the protect off). I recommend you to make a copy of your NOR Flash before trying to write in the flash. For the RAM boot, you can write the following commands in U-boot CLI, one by one:

setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate ramdisk_size=200000

tftp $ramdiskaddr $ramdiskfile

tftp $loadaddr $bootfile

tftp $fdtaddr p1020wlan_rev_d.dtb

bootm $loadaddr $ramdiskaddr 0xc00000

The files in your TFTP folder should be called: uImage , p1020wlan_rev_d.dtb and rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

I hope it helps.

Arash