Rapidio Demo for P2020 which run Linux OS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidio Demo for P2020 which run Linux OS?

liguofa
Contributor III

Now ,We use yocto sdk 1.8,and we use fsl-image-full to get a full filesystem .but I can not find a rmu demo programe in it.Can anyone help .Where I can get a demo program for Rapidio demo ,which run in P2020 with Linux OS.

khumphriMandardhaval

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

liguofa
Contributor III

interrupts = <
56 2 0 0 /* bell_outb_irq */
57 2 0 0>;/* bell_inb_irq */
};

can anyone tell me what is the mean of the irq of no. 56,57 ,it is interrupt no. of  hw interrupt in p2020rm? or something else?

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

I have found it in github rapidio.org .thanks any more!

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

thanks all the same

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

Yes,I check all about them,and they are right log as you discribed~,no I used linux kernel 4.19.x,which I get from linux website,Now,I used the code ,I can used the driver rio_mport_cdev.ko to test doorbell now,but when I use rio_cm.ko driver to test mbox(message) ,it comes a error which code -16,meaning BUSBUSY!.

My question is can tell me where I can get the userspace test demo discribed in linux/rio_cm.rst at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub 

Messaging API library and applications that use this device driver are available from RapidIO.org.

it means i can get applications demo in rapidio.org ? I try but failed.

Thanks very much ~.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

Now the doorbell support well,and I test it with kernel driver in driver/rapidio/devices/rio_mport_cdev.c;

I read the code ,and From my side, the rapidio mode code in driver/rapidio/
and the driver for special control such as 721 and so on ,in driver/rapdio/devices;

but the fsl (nxp) rmu driver in arch/powerpc/sysdev/ ,is it right?

Tks again !

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

Thanks yipingwang‌;

But when I make if enable rionet in "make menuconfig";I can not find the rionet active in dmesg!

I found the mport_cdev of rapidio char device drive is patched after Kernel verision 4.6.7,but

The lastest version of fsl/git is 4.1.x。

If I just want to test a msg or doorbell send and recieve to other devices ,not use rionet module。So I should use 

a char device driver to active it。Did it is the only way that to test rapidio send and recieve not use rionet?
And by the way ! Now the website of http://git.freescale.com/  is down! Can give a new web to git the last version of them。

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello guofa,

RIONET should exist in SDK 1.8 Linux Kernel, however it have been removed from Linux Kernel 4.x.

Please check and rebuild Linux Kernel with the following Kernel option enabled.

CONFIG_RAPIDIO
CONFIG_RIONET

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

alorusso
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using Linux kernel 3.0.6 with a P5020 board.  If I include the 'Freescale Embedded SRIO Controller support' option I get a compile time error.

I can enable other SRIO options such as 'Enable RapidIO Input/Output Ports', 'IDT CPS Gen.2 SRIO switch support' and the RIONET support without an error.  Only with the 'Freescale Embedded SRIO Controller support' option do I get a compile time error.  Is this option applicable to the P5020 processor or only 8548, etc...?

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

I try this options in SDK1.8, my chip is P2020 ,but failed,I can not find rionet.ko work well after insmod rionet.ko.or compiled in kernel.both failed,

The failed message is "There no ethX find in dmesg log"

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check u-boot log, whether "SRIO1" is enabled.

Under u-boot, please add "riohdid=0" in bootargs.

Please check whether the following is included in dts file

rmu: rmu@d3000 {
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;
compatible = "fsl,srio-rmu";
reg = <0xd3000 0x500>;
ranges = <0x0 0xd3000 0x500>;
message-unit@0 {
compatible = "fsl,srio-msg-unit";
reg = <0x0 0x100>;
interrupts = <
60 2 0 0 /* msg1_tx_irq */
61 2 0 0>;/* msg1_rx_irq */
};
message-unit@100 {
compatible = "fsl,srio-msg-unit";
reg = <0x100 0x100>;
interrupts = <
62 2 0 0 /* msg2_tx_irq */
63 2 0 0>;/* msg2_rx_irq */

};
doorbell-unit@400 {
compatible = "fsl,srio-dbell-unit";
reg = <0x400 0x80>;
interrupts = <
56 2 0 0 /* bell_outb_irq */
57 2 0 0>;/* bell_inb_irq */
};
port-write-unit@4e0 {
compatible = "fsl,srio-port-write-unit";
reg = <0x4e0 0x20>;
interrupts = <16 2 1 11>;
};
};

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

yipingwang‌ Can help me about this?Thanks very much!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello guofa, 

Please refer to section "7.23 Serial Rapid I/O Interface" in QorIQ SDK 1.8 user manual.

Please refer to RIONET Ethernet over RapidIO use case. RIONET ethernet over RapidIO driver
"rionet.ko" can be loaded as a module. To run the rionet.ko module, the Serial RapidIO controller must include RMU hardware module.

You could get QorIQ SDK 1.8 user manual from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xBBSBnDkHgyBVRjf83-h2Ps001y-quwR 

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos