alessandronasor
Contributor I

Hello.

My name is Alessandro

I'm evaluating a P1010RDB board.

In the evaluation kit I've found  two cd:

• YOCTO binary ISO
  • YOCTO source ISO

I've followed the procedure described in the START_HERE.html  but i'm encountering some problems during the bitbake image generation.

My distribution is FEDORA 20 launched with virtual box.

When i try to create a fsl-image-minimal with the command bitbake fsl-image-minimal i've the error below

Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build The BBPATH variable is not set
DEBUG: Removed the following variables from the environment: MATE_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID, LESSOPEN, QT_IM_MODULE, XDG_VTNR, GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL, CCACHE_HASHDIR, XDG_SESSION_PATH, SHLVL, HISTSIZE, WINDOWID, IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP, BBFETCH2, IMSETTINGS_MODULE, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR, GDMSESSION, XMODIFIERS, XDG_SEAT_PATH, QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM_CHECKED, XDG_SESSION_ID, BUILDDIR, HOSTNAME, HISTCONTROL, CVS_RSH, MAIL, LS_COLORS, XDG_SEAT

I've also seen that I've an old version of SDK.

I'm still in a starting phase so i can change quickly my development environment

Should you suggest me a useful combination of:

- Linux distribution (type and version)

- SDK version

- Other necessary sw/lib (yocto...)

in  order to have a right environment to compile (kernel, u-boot) and flash P1010RDB board.

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We recommend using Ununtu 12.04 for SDK building.

The following command sequence is recommended for SDK installing.

1. 1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

if it is 64-bit operating system, run the following command also:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs lib32ncurses5

1. 2.  sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

then choose "No" and you're done. )

1. 3. install SDK for your core (500V2 or 5500). For example the QorIQ Linux SDK v1.4 e500mc Yocto Cache Binary ISO
  2. 4. install SDK source
  3. 5. sudo ./scripts/host-prepare.sh
  4. 6. usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. 7.  $ source ./fsl-setup-poky <-m machine> [-j threads] [-t tasks] [-l]

* <-m machine> is mandatory, [-j threads], [-t tasks], [-h] and [-l] are optional

* [-j threads]: the number of threads to have the make program itself spawn during the compilation stage. Set -j equal to 1.5 * (number of CPU cores), rounded up to the nearest integer.

* [-t tasks]: the maximum number of BitBake tasks that can be issued in parallel. Set -t equal to the number of CPU CORES that you have.

* [-l]: lite mode. To help conserve disk space, deletes the building directory once the package is built.

* [-h]: help. If given, other options will be omitted.

For example: source ./fsl-setup-poky -m p2020ds

$ bitbake <task-name>

We know that there is problem for building SDK under Fedora 20. See the following page (https://community.freescale.com/thread/335171).

0 Kudos