My name is Alessandro
I'm evaluating a P1010RDB board.
In the evaluation kit I've found two cd:
I've followed the procedure described in the START_HERE.html but i'm encountering some problems during the bitbake image generation.
My distribution is FEDORA 20 launched with virtual box.
When i try to create a fsl-image-minimal with the command bitbake fsl-image-minimal i've the error below
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build The BBPATH variable is not set
DEBUG: Removed the following variables from the environment: MATE_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID, LESSOPEN, QT_IM_MODULE, XDG_VTNR, GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL, CCACHE_HASHDIR, XDG_SESSION_PATH, SHLVL, HISTSIZE, WINDOWID, IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP, BBFETCH2, IMSETTINGS_MODULE, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR, GDMSESSION, XMODIFIERS, XDG_SEAT_PATH, QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM_CHECKED, XDG_SESSION_ID, BUILDDIR, HOSTNAME, HISTCONTROL, CVS_RSH, MAIL, LS_COLORS, XDG_SEAT
I've also seen that I've an old version of SDK.
I'm still in a starting phase so i can change quickly my development environment
Should you suggest me a useful combination of:
- Linux distribution (type and version)
- SDK version
- Other necessary sw/lib (yocto...)
in order to have a right environment to compile (kernel, u-boot) and flash P1010RDB board.
Thanks in advance
We recommend using Ununtu 12.04 for SDK building.
The following command sequence is recommended for SDK installing.
if it is 64-bit operating system, run the following command also:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs lib32ncurses5
then choose "No" and you're done. )
* <-m machine> is mandatory, [-j threads], [-t tasks], [-h] and [-l] are optional
* [-j threads]: the number of threads to have the make program itself spawn during the compilation stage. Set -j equal to 1.5 * (number of CPU cores), rounded up to the nearest integer.
* [-t tasks]: the maximum number of BitBake tasks that can be issued in parallel. Set -t equal to the number of CPU CORES that you have.
* [-l]: lite mode. To help conserve disk space, deletes the building directory once the package is built.
* [-h]: help. If given, other options will be omitted.
For example: source ./fsl-setup-poky -m p2020ds
$ bitbake <task-name>
We know that there is problem for building SDK under Fedora 20. See the following page (https://community.freescale.com/thread/335171).