cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QORIQ P2041 ID mismatch

ahmettokatli
Contributor I

Hello,

We are using P2041 processor in our SBC. Our used part number is: P2041NXN7NNC which is security not present option. When I read PCI EXPRESS DEVICE ID REG at address 2h expected result is 0x0411.

We have produced lots of boards and all returns 0x0411. But we have 2 board which had ID as 0x0410 in this register.

I have controlled markings of the processor ICs on these boards and they are P2041NXN7NNC. 

What can be the problem?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good question. Usually, if the problem appears on one or two boards out of big number, than the first suggestion is to check soldering. However, in case of security block - this block is disabled physically in silicon, so this problem can not be related to soldering.

I recommend returning these failure devices to the place of purchase to request for factory failure analysis.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos