显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

P5040 availability of feature support

943 次查看
rammurmu
Contributor III

Hello,

For P5040 processors, the following queries may be answered.

1. Is there support for remote MAC loopback for dTSEC ?

2. In the DPAARM , it is mentioned that "Carrier extend symbols in full duplex mode are not supported", does it mean that Carrier extend symbol is supported in half duplex mode?

3. No register could be found in RM as well as DPAARM for carrier extension. Do let us know the register configuration to enable/disable the carrier extend symbol.

Regards

Ram

0 项奖励
3 回复数

780 次查看
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
5/1/2023 12:38:43 PM

I will check if I can find more info on 2

5/1/2023 12:37:55 PM

I will check if I can find more info on 2

Answers:
1. I do not understand what you mean by remote MAC loopback.
The only loopback supported at MAC level is in MAC Configuration 1 Register (MACCFG1):

bit 23:
Loop back. This bit is cleared by default.
0 Normal operation.
1 Loop back the MAC transmit outputs to the MAC receive inputs.
Note: loop back is not supported in half duplex modes

2.The only info I have on this comes from the manual. It's the case when the DTSEC is configured using the TBI interface.(SGMII mode)

Packet Encapsulation
If TX_EN is de-asserted the dTSEC outputs an idle stream. If TX_EN is asserted, a Start_of_Packet symbol is output. This symbol replaces the first byte of the preamble field. All other bytes of the packet pass through an 8B10B encoding module. After the last byte of the FCS field is signaled via the GMII, the MAC de-asserts TX_EN. The dTSEC then outputs an End_of_Packet symbol. Then, depending on the position of the End_of_Packet symbols (being in either an odd or even position) the dTSEC outputs one or two Carrier_Extend symbols. Following the last Carrier_Extend symbol, the dTSEC resumes sending idle codes. If, during a packet, the dTSEC wishes to mark a byte invalid, TX_ER is asserted. The dTSEC,
upon detection of TX_ER, substitutes the data symbol for an Error_Propagation symbol.

3. There is no such register.
0 项奖励

770 次查看
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The message for carrier extend symbol is:

"The IEEE Std 802.3 has a 1Gbps Half Duplex “carrier extension” provision to allow the addition of non-data symbols to the end of frames that are less than slotTime bits in length so that the resulting transmission is at least one slotTime in duration.

NXP does not manufacture a SoC that supports 1Gbps-HD.
Therefore, the P5040 does not support Carrier Extension because 1GbE is only supported in Full Duplex mode.
"

0 项奖励

916 次查看
rammurmu
Contributor III

Any update on this query would be appreciated.

Regards

Ram

0 项奖励