cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080DS NOR FLASH READ SPEED OPTIMIZATION

yyurtcan
Contributor III

Hi,

I have p4080ds board. I want to increase read speed from NOR Flash in order to meet system requirements. I have measured read speed around 10 MByte/sec. I think this speed is too low. I have searched it on internet and found that NOR Flash has two mode; word and page mode. Page mode is faster than word mode. I assume that NOR flash is in word mode.  How I can change from word to page mode.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yyurtcan
Contributor III

In order to use UPM mode, I found that the changing value BR_MSEL(in fsl_lbc.h) from 0x000000E0 to 0x00000080. Is it sufficient ? Or Is there any other step to do?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The P4080 GPCM does not support Page mode read. The only single read and write accesses are supported.

You can try to use UPM for your NOR Flash. NOR flash has to support 32 bytes burst. Some NOR flash supports page read mode suitable for the burst but not always flash memory can provide 32 bytes per page mode read.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos