Can I configure Serdes of P4080 within RCW as 3.125G with RGMII , not SGMII

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RGMII is not serial protocol, so serdes (serializer/deserializer) block is not used for this protocol, RGMII interface is connected directly to Ethernet controller, not via SerDes. Please look RCW[EC1] and RCW[EC2] fields.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

maxiang
Contributor I

my problem is as follows:

First, let me introduce the interface of my board.

图片4.png

Frame Manager 1 dTSEC1 and USB1 Signal Multiplexing,and we choosed Frame Manager 1 dTSEC1 ,the PHY is 88E1111.

Besides, serdes lane Multiplexing,we choose 0x13;

图片1.png

the RCW is :

图片2.png

In this case , 2.5G RapidIO is ok and FM1 dtSEC1 is OK too.

But now,  we want config RapidIO to 3.125G ,so serdes lane Multiplexing,we choose 0x16 or 0x19;  at the same time , Frame Manager 1 dTSEC1 and USB1 Signal Multiplexing,and we still choosed Frame Manager 1 dTSEC1 ,the PHY is 88E1111.

The RCW is:

图片3.png

In this case , 3.125G RapidIO is ok, but the FM1 dtSEC1 is error, we can not communication with PC in uboot.

Could you help me to solve this problem,thank you very much.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If SGMII mode is selected in serdes configuration, but you want to use RGMII, than you have to power down the corresponding serdes lane, as suggested in Table 4-35, in the description of RCW[EC1] and RCW[EC2]:

If SGMII mode is to be used (with the
appropriate SerDes lane powered on in
SRDS_LPDn) for FM1-dTSEC1, then RGMII
mode must not be enabled in EC1.
However, if RGMII is to be used by FM1-
dTSEC1 and EC1 is set accordingly, then
SGMII mode must not be enabled for FM1-
dTSEC1 (and the corresponding SerDes
lane must be powered down in
SRDS_LPD_Bn if SGMII is selected for that
bank n in the SRDS_PRTCL setting).

0 Kudos

maxiang
Contributor I

Is there a configuration which can use 3.125G RapidIO and 10GEC at the same time ?

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your question:

> Is there a configuration which can use 3.125G RapidIO and 10GEC at the same time ?

All available Serdes options are listed in Table 3-16. As far as I can see, SRIO 3.125 Ghz is available in configurations 0x16 and 0x19 (with two SGMII or one PCIe and one SGMII), and not available with 10GEC. For SRIO and 10GEC - - I do not see this option available.

> I have power down bank 2 and bank 3 of serdes,but RGMII still work uncorrectly. there no data output when I trid to ping PC.

Please specify, how exactly you have powered down banks 2 and 3

0 Kudos

liliang
Contributor I

I have power down bank 2 and bank 3 of serdes,but RGMII still work uncorrectly. there no data output when I trid to ping PC.

0 Kudos