Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3041 cores disable

Jump to solution
victorjardim
Contributor I

Hello all,

In my application, I may use just one from the 4 cores of the P3041. Can I disable the unused cores, in order to save power? Does anybody have a power estimation for not using all of the cores?

Thanks in advance

Victor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor,

As far I know if you don't enable them in BRR register they are not enabled - so you can check the BRR register -> 0xe00e4 offset and you can disable the rest of the cores.

I can't provide a power estimation for this case, but you can take a look in the Reference Manual for P3041 at "Advanced Power Management" chapter and read about "Saving Power by Managing Internal Clocks" (1.9.1) and also about   "Turning Off Unneeded Clocks".

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor,

Some comment from application team for your information:

COREDISR prevents a core from receiving any clocks whatsoever. Boot Release Register is intended to be used to sequence when to allow a core to begin booting (so initial SoC configuration may be done with one CPU and once that is complete the others begin for example). If a CPU is disabled with COREDISR, it should never be released with BRR - that is not valid. A core which is intended never to be used should be disabled with COREDISR, as this should save a small amount of additional power compared to having its COREDISR enabled but not releasing it for booting.

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor,

As far I know if you don't enable them in BRR register they are not enabled - so you can check the BRR register -> 0xe00e4 offset and you can disable the rest of the cores.

I can't provide a power estimation for this case, but you can take a look in the Reference Manual for P3041 at "Advanced Power Management" chapter and read about "Saving Power by Managing Internal Clocks" (1.9.1) and also about   "Turning Off Unneeded Clocks".

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos