Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2041RDB, P3041DS kdump/kexec and NUMA support

Jump to solution
alexandruvaduva
Contributor I

Hello guys,

My name is Alexandru Vaduva and I am the main promoter behind the meta-cgl initiative: linux/meta-cgl.git - [no description]

My intention is to offer a CGL certified distribution for a QorIQ (PPC32 board). For that I selected as reference the P2041 an P3041 boards.

Part of the CGL requirements imily the support for NUMA and kexec/kdump which seemed not complete or missing.

Would you be able to provide me with the necessary support?

If that support is not available at the moment, are there any intentions of including it in future SDKs or meta-fsl-ppc BSP releases?

Thanks,

Alex Vaduva

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

While there is some code present for kexec/kdump, it's not currently a supported/tested feature of the SDK.  If you need support for this, let your sales/FAE contact know.

As for NUMA support, this is not NUMA hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alex Vaduva,

Linux Kernel kexec/kdump feature has already been supported on P2041/P3041 platform, you could use the following procedure to do verification.

Please enable the following in Kernel configuration

CONFIG_KEXEC  (Original Kernel)

CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP ( dump capture Kernel)

CONFIG_SYSFS

CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO

CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE

For the Crash dump Kernel please configure CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START=0x20000000.

Build the package kexec-tools into rootfs filesystem.

Boot the Original Kernel with extra bootargs crashkernel=2G@512M.

Setup Kexec/kdump

kexec -p vmlinux --command-line="root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyS0,115200" --dtb=<filename> --ramdisk=<filename> -d

echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
qingshanli
Contributor I

hi YIping

whether p1010 platform support kexec/kdump feature? i use SDK1.5, test kexec feature and after i execute kexec , cpu system looks lilke freeze.

I also send a request : My Service Request Details ,

please help me to confirm this situation on p1010 platform, thank you.

0 Kudos
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

While there is some code present for kexec/kdump, it's not currently a supported/tested feature of the SDK.  If you need support for this, let your sales/FAE contact know.

As for NUMA support, this is not NUMA hardware.

0 Kudos
alexandruvaduva
Contributor I

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Related the NUMA hardware support, where would I be able to find this information?

Also thank you and Yiping Wang for the kdump/kexec information, unfortunately I was not able to properly boot a board with the instructions mentioned by him so it might be the case that the support is not fully enabled or functional.

I will try to investigate myself the kdump/kexec problem and in the same time let our FAE and sales team know about this.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You only need or want NUMA support if the hardware's memory subsystem is NUMA -- that is, it has non-uniform memory access timing.  On this hardware NUMA is irrelevant.  Don't worry about it just because of some checklist.

0 Kudos