P1021: SPI: why should delay between two times of transmit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1021: SPI: why should delay between two times of transmit?

carlpeng
Contributor II

Hello,

During debug, I found that I should add a 4us delay between two times of write data to SPI.  If delete this delay, 

will cause some of data to be lost.

My code please refer to attached.

sysSpiDrvInitFPGA: is used to initiate SPI controller;

sysSpiWriteDataFPGA: is used to send data to SPI;

In my mind, I only need to check SPIE_DON bit of SPIE register between two times of transmit, not need to 

add a delay. But from test, I should add a delay, only check SPIE_DON bit of SPIE register is not enough.

Why?

Could you please help to give some suggestions? 

Thank you,

Carl

Original Attachment has been moved to: sysFslSpi.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Clear the SPIE_DON bit after reading. This bit is not cleared after reading.

Clear SPIE bits by writing a 1-writing 0 has no effect. See the Section 18.3.2 of the P1021 Reference Manual.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

carlpeng
Contributor II

Hello Pavel,

Thanks a lot for!

But after I write SPIE_DON to SPIE register to clear the SPIE_DON, still need to add delay, otherwise, will lost some data,

Could you please help to give some further suggestions?

Thank you,

Carl

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at simple program example for eSPI. Compare this example and your code.
Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos