Is there a BSP available for P2020RDB board with newer Linux kernel version which is > Linux-3.5.x???

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Is there a BSP available for P2020RDB board with newer Linux kernel version which is > Linux-3.5.x???

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,407件の閲覧回数
dhruvalshah
Contributor I

The current version of BSP which I downloaded from Freescale.com has the support of Linux-2.6.x but for our future product we want to use the newer Linux kernel which is greater than linux-3.5.x.

Can you please help me on this?

Thanks!

Dhruval

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
881件の閲覧回数
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruval Shah,

You could refer to the document which I wrote previously.

QorIQ Linux SDK 1.6 Working With Yocto

Freescale released Linux SDK has already been customized to run on Freescale demo boards, which includes Freescale specific patches, all these Power architecture Linux SDK are developed to run in Big Endian mode.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
9 返答(返信)
881件の閲覧回数
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Any recent upstream kernel should work on p2020rdb.

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
dhruvalshah
Contributor I

Hi Scott,

I really appreciate your quick response on this.

Can you please point me that where can I download these BSP for upstream kernel? Is it from Freescale website or from somewhere else?

One more question as well: Does this BSP support Big Endian mode? We are primarily looking for Big Endian Linux BSP on P2020.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Dhruval

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You don't need a special BSP to use an upstream kernel.  Just download the kernel from kernel.org, build it, and use it.

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Why not download SDK 1.6 for QorIQ processors? It's available from Freescale website: Linux® SDK for QorIQ Processors|Freescale and based on Linux kernel 3.12.

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
dhruvalshah
Contributor I

Thanks Lunminliang for pointing to the SDK 1.6.

I went to this link and found that there are multiple options and version for download. I have captured the screen shot for the same and here it is: Please look into the red box. I am confused that out of all these images which image/sdk package that I should choose for working on P2020RDB board on Big Endian mode?

Also what is the Yocto? I am not familiar with it so it will be great if you can help me understand the same.

sdk-versions.png

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Dhruval

0 件の賞賛
882件の閲覧回数
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruval Shah,

You could refer to the document which I wrote previously.

QorIQ Linux SDK 1.6 Working With Yocto

Freescale released Linux SDK has already been customized to run on Freescale demo boards, which includes Freescale specific patches, all these Power architecture Linux SDK are developed to run in Big Endian mode.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
dhruvalshah
Contributor I

Thanks Yiping Wang!

This document will be really helpful to me!

Thanks,

Dhruval

0 件の賞賛
881件の閲覧回数
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As P2020 is E500v2 implementation, you'll need QorIQ Linux SDK v1.6 e500v2 Yocto Cache and QorIQ Linux SDK V1.6 Yocto Source ISO

The source ISO contains the package source tarballs and yocto recipes. It can be installed and used to do non-cache build.

About 8 hours are needed to finish the process of non-cache build on a normal computer with two cores. The cache ISO contains the prebuilt cache binaries. To avoid a long time build,you can install the source ISO and the cache ISO in the same installation folder.

The Yocto Project is an open source collaboration project that provides templates, tools and methods to help you create custom Linux-based systems for embedded products regardless of the hardware architecture. See more here https://www.yoctoproject.org/about

881件の閲覧回数
dhruvalshah
Contributor I

Thanks Lunminliang!

This is very helpful to me and enable me to work further on this project! Appreciate your quick and precise answer!

Thanks,

Dhruval

0 件の賞賛