cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Boot ROM configuration on P1015

Jump to solution
pavankumarg
Contributor II

I have a P1015 bareboard that needs to be brought up using U-boot. I have built the necessary u-boot.bin for the board. I have also configured the DDR3 that is connected to this processor. I noticed an internal BOOT ROM reserved on the processor in the CCSR device specific utilities in the address space 0xF_0000 - 0xF_FFFF . Is this Boot ROM pre-configured (does it have some code that can configure the boot or load the boot using this code) or should it be configured for our specific use. If it must be configured should I try the QCVS tool for BOOT ROM configuration? Please advise.

P.S - I have only NOR Flash on my board using which I plan to boot up my board. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The internal on-chip ROM contains code required for booting from eSPI or eSDHC interface - refer to the P1024 QorIQ Integrated Processor Reference Manual, 4.6 Initialization/applications information.

The on-chip ROM code can't be altered by any means and can't be used for different purposes except booting from eSPI or eSDHC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The internal on-chip ROM contains code required for booting from eSPI or eSDHC interface - refer to the P1024 QorIQ Integrated Processor Reference Manual, 4.6 Initialization/applications information.

The on-chip ROM code can't be altered by any means and can't be used for different purposes except booting from eSPI or eSDHC.

0 Kudos
pavankumarg
Contributor II

How do I go about booting the board? Should I just flash the code onto the NOR Flash (I am using the same chip as that of the reference board on my custom board - that of  S29GL128P. Like I mentioned this is the only source of boot). I am a newbie with this aspect, so could you brief me about the flashing of u-boot.(whether I can directly write the u-boot onto the flash).

Thank you for your reply! 

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the QorIQ SDK 1.3 Info Center document available at:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=6055991 

Corresponding sections are:

3.2.11.3 3. System Memory Map

Table 3-54. NOR flash memory map

4.2.2.1 Flashing U-Boot

0 Kudos