How to enable ECC check in Linux runing on powerpc P1020?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable ECC check in Linux runing on powerpc P1020?

oska874
Contributor I

As topic says,I'm running a embedded linux(provideded by the develop board,that made by Yocto) on P1020.I need the ecc checking of P1020.So I try to mmap ddr's control register and modify the value of reigister DDR_SDRAM_CFG. But I failed.I can mmap ddr controllor's registers only with PROT_READ permission while other registers such as PVR can be mmap as PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE.Only if I mmap ddr's controllor reigister with PROT_WRITE permission,then linux will stop running .

So how can i enable ecc check under linux running p1020??

thansk very much.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In order to enable DDR ECC, please enable register DDR_SDRAM_CFG[ECC_ON] and DDR_SDRAM_CFG_2[D_INIT], please modify the configuration in u-boot, because DDR is initialized in u-boot.

Please refer to the "Default settings for DDR3" section in include/configs/p1_p2_rdb_pc.h

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos