How do I create a tarball of the source used in an image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a tarball of the source used in an image?

Jump to solution
yensid
Contributor III

I'm using SDKv1.7, originally with the P1010RDB-PA, and now with our own hardware.  I have created my own layer and image recipe to support our hardware.  I have a requirement to archive all of the source used to build the image for our hardware. It is simple to provide the source for the kernel, u-boot, and the applications I have written, I store all of the source in git. 

I'm looking for a way to gather and archive all of the other applications that are part of my image such as busybox, nano, ghostscript etc. The build directory does have all of the source for these available, but appears to include the source for dozens of other applications that are not part of my final image.

Is there a way to easily sort this all out?  Am I just missing a command that will provide solely the sources for the final image?

Any clarification you can offer on how this works is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello yensid,

I have a method to gather the sources tar balls which you required, but it will take some time to do rebuilding.

In the installation folder QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto, please create a folder test_sources containing all needed source tar balls.

Move sstate-cache to sstate-cache_bak.

Edit build_p1010rdb_release/conf/local.conf,

modify DL_DIR as  "/home/b25805/test/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1010rdb_release/../test_sources".

Add the line:

DL_MIRRORS = "/home/b25805/test/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1010rdb_release/../sources"

Then execute "bitbake fsl-image-core", the required source tall balls will be downloaded in test_sources folder.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello yensid,

I have a method to gather the sources tar balls which you required, but it will take some time to do rebuilding.

In the installation folder QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto, please create a folder test_sources containing all needed source tar balls.

Move sstate-cache to sstate-cache_bak.

Edit build_p1010rdb_release/conf/local.conf,

modify DL_DIR as  "/home/b25805/test/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1010rdb_release/../test_sources".

Add the line:

DL_MIRRORS = "/home/b25805/test/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1010rdb_release/../sources"

Then execute "bitbake fsl-image-core", the required source tall balls will be downloaded in test_sources folder.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos