Hi,now we have 2 P2020 boards,My question is that can we connect the two boards with rapidio directly without a switch?Does this need to set master or agent?thanks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,now we have 2 P2020 boards,My question is that can we connect the two boards with rapidio directly without a switch?Does this need to set master or agent?thanks.

Contributor II

Hi,we have 2 P2020 boards,My question is that can we connect the two boards with rapidio directly without a switch?Does this need to set master or agent?thanks.

pastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it is possible to connect two P2020 through sRIO. One device should be configured as a host and another as an agent.

Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.some details I wish to know,and wait your reply.

if there is only one way to configure as a host or as an agent by pull up/down resister on POR(Power on Rest)?can we do that by writting register POR Boot Mode Status Register(PORBMSR)?

Another question is that if there is no need to configure a host and an agent when 2 boards are connected with a switch?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> can we do that by writting register POR Boot Mode Status Register(PORBMSR)?

Yes, it is possible.

> if there is no need to configure a host and an agent when 2 boards are connected with a switch?

One processor in the system has to be a host to discovery other agents.

Useful reference could be "AN2932 - Serial RapidIO Bring-Up Procedure on PowerQUICC™ III":

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN2932.pdf

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

I am sorry for trouble you,I want to know if there is a Linux Demo app for test Rapidio on P2020。

We use Yocto SDK1.8 and kernel 3.12.thanks very much。

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

I will read the reference AN2932.pdf.

many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos