Hi, We are using P1010RD platform as the reference hardward,platform is Linux and bootloader is u-boot loader .we have replace it 1GB DDR to 2 GB ddr. My question are 1) How to test the increased memory I have used free,top like command 2) Apart from the

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, We are using P1010RD platform as the reference hardward,platform is Linux and bootloader is u-boot loader .we have replace it 1GB DDR to 2 GB ddr. My question are 1) How to test the increased memory I have used free,top like command 2) Apart from the

dbkalane
Contributor I

Hi, We are using P1010RD platform as the reference hardward,platform is Linux and bootloader is u-boot loader .                                                                                                                                                                                 we have replace it 1GB DDR on the board to 2 GB ddr.                                                                                                       My question are                                                                                                                                                                      1) How to test the increased memory I have used free,top like Linux command to check the memory I found both no difference in the Memory after replacing 1GB with 2GB                                                                                                      2) Apart from the Timing registers we have made changes in the no of Row (15 to 16) and range of memory (7f instead of 3f) its working and but not accessing memory more then 1 GB

Please help me out here if any other changes need to require when we replace the DDR.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello meghan sai,

Maybe there is problem with LAW and TLB configuration in u-boot source code.

In include/configs/P1010RDB.h, DDR size is defined as the following

#define CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_SIZE          get_sdram_size()

In the file board/freescale/p1010rdb/ddr.c, get_sdram_size is defined as the following

if (cpu->soc_ver == SVR_P1014)

ddr_size = (CONFIG_SYS_DRAM_SIZE / 2);

else

ddr_size = CONFIG_SYS_DRAM_SIZE;

return ddr_size;

So please modify  CONFIG_SYS_DRAM_SIZE as 2048 in board/freescale/p1010rdb/ddr.c.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

P1010RDB uses SPD EEPROM to define parameters of the DDR3 memory, exactly as it is done on the DDR3 UDIMMs. So if you changed physical memory devices, you need also to change SPD setup. For your particular case you need to change SPD byte #4 from 0x03 to 0x04, and byte #5 from 0x19 to 0x21. You will need also to set correct CRC code of the new SPD content, hopefully uboot will help you with correct CRC value. Address of the EEPROM on the I2C bus is 0x52.

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos