Hardware Signal Ambiguity - cfg_rcw_src(0:4), most significant bit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Signal Ambiguity - cfg_rcw_src(0:4), most significant bit?

bobkorkuc
Contributor I

I am a hardware engineer and am confused by how to associate the cfg_rcw_scr(0:4) to the actual Hardware Signals. The confusion results in not being able to determine the most significant bit for the cfg_rcw_scr bits.

For the hard coded table shown above, Table 4-32, for a 1_0010 equating to cfg_rcw_src(0:4), what is the most significant bit, cfg_rcw_src[0] or cfg_rcw_src[4]?

For the LGPLx hardware signals shown below, it is ambiguous which is the msb when you write cfg_rcw_src(0:4) = 1_0010. Hardware convention suggests that the left most digit is the msb and it is cfg_rcw_src(0).

Cfg_rcw_src[0] = LGPL0

Cfg_rcw_src[1] = LGPL1

Cfg_rcw_src[2] = LGPL2

Cfg_rcw_src[3] = LGPL3

Cfg_rcw_src[4] = LGPL5

Can someone clarify the ambiguity?

Thanks,

Bob

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the expression "cfg_rcw_src(0:4) = 1_0010", the bit sequence is the same on the left and right sides.

I.e. cfg_rcw_src[0] = 1 and cfg_rcw_src[4] = 0.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos