GPCM vs. UPM for FPGA access?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPCM vs. UPM for FPGA access?

stevensnyder
Contributor II

I need to talk to a FPGA via P1033 Local Bus.  What are the relative merits of doing this via GPCM versus via UPM.?

It's not clear from the P1022/P1013 manual what advantages are conveyed by one method of access over the other.  This is on bare-metal so OS considerations (e.g. existing support in Linux) aren't relevant..

I've looked at the U-Boot code, but they don't seem to do memory access by either method, though initial configuration of a UPM is done.

Any thought on which LBC access method is to be preferred for my application?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,
The P1013/P1022 can boot from device on the LCS0 using GPCM with default settings. It is only thing UPM cannot do. In general UPM can be programmed to emulate GPCM. If you need for the burst access, row/column address multiplexing or external device interface signals do not correspond to the GPCM signals then UPM is your choice. If GPCM interface signals are suitable for your device then use GPCM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos