Does the P1021 (or P1025 or any QorIQ processor with a quicc engine) have an TIN (powerquicc 2) equivalent function?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the P1021 (or P1025 or any QorIQ processor with a quicc engine) have an TIN (powerquicc 2) equivalent function?

eng5678
Contributor I

Does the P1021 (or P1025 or any QorIQ processor with a quicc engine) have an TIN (powerquicc 2) equivalent function?  I need hardware edge/level timestamping and my application can't tolerate ISR latency.  If the processor (or family) does, then which pins or functions should I be looking at?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

QE Global Timer Module is supported in P1021/P1025/P1016/P1012. However, the capture modes are disabled in the QUICC Engine block timers (QEIWRM Section 5.10.5.2). GTM provides external TGATEn and TOUTn signals but not TINn.

For timestamping, you could use P1021 IEEE1588 timer function. Two signals are provided: TSEC_1588_TRIG_IN1,TSEC_1588_TRIG_IN2.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos