Design files for p1020rdb-pa

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design files for p1020rdb-pa

sharper
Contributor III

Where might we locate design files (layout, schematic, BOM, BSP, etc.) for the P1020RDB-PA?

Please note, that this is REV. A of this board. All of the design files I can seem to locate are for more recent revs.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The P1020RDB BOM and schematic is available in LTIB Linux BSP for the P1020 board:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=CWF_P1020_P2020RDB&appType=license&location=null&Parent_...

Mount this .iso file and open folder \help\Hardware\P1020RDB\.

This LTIB BSP can be used for building Linux for this board.

NXP also offers SDK Linux:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

This SDK also supports the P1020RDB board.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ed_choi
Contributor I

Hello Pavel,

my name is Ed. I came across to you while searching for some materials for P1021RDB-PC.

I need to use it but unfortunately it does not boot from the NOR flash as a default boot mode via SW2 and SW3 dip switches. I assume there could be other way to boot it like using NAND or SPI something but unfortunately there remains nothing. I tried to retrieve those stuffs via your link but it does not work. Would you kindly share new link to access manuals and schematics of P1021RDB-PC please?

VBR/Ed

0 Kudos

naumgrutman
Contributor II

Pavel,

Previously  I was looking at SDK 1.8 to resolve our issues...

few weeks ago when SDK 1.9 became available I have downloaded its components also

still it does not resolve the issues that we have…

We have the P1020RDB-PA REV.A CPU Rev 1.0 ( as shown on the picture below… )

The issues we have are:

1. 1. Based on the following table found within SDK manual

the SDK does not seem to support P1020RDB-PA

the versions that are mentioned within table are only PC and PD

and even those supposedly support only rev 1.1 ( as shown on the picture below… )

Is there anything out there that supports P1020RDB-PA rev 1.0 ….????

1. 2. We got this P1020RDB-PA REV.A without any SD Card and would like

to  build/burn the SD Card from some image that is guaranteed to work and will make this box come up...

Is there any location that holds the complete image of the SD card for this unit…???

I would guess that the SD card  contains two partitions:

a) a small boot partition

and

b) a large rootfs partition

The general descriptions of such SD cards for various processors I see in the manual…

But I do need the proven SD card image that I could write via the “dd” command for example…

and avoid the guessing game...

Thanks for your help,

Naum

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Stephen

Did you check mainline kernel ?

It might be supporting for your board.Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

naumgrutman
Contributor II

This is totally useless reply...

I am still looking for a reply in regards to original SD Card image for P1020RDB-PA  Rev. A  Ver. 1.0

as shown in the picture...

Thanks,

Naum

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

>This is totally useless reply...

OK, good luck. Hope someone provides you

the original SD card.

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached file. It is documentation from LTIB Linux BSP for the P1020RDB board. Use this BSP for your board.

If SDK will be used on your board, u-boot should be changed. Configuration of the u-boot is available using the following path of the u-boot source folder: include/configs.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

naumgrutman
Contributor II

Pavel,

Based on file names found within your recommended folder, it looks like

the support is provided only for P1020RDB-PC and P1020RDB-PD which is matching

the info within SDK manual

Are you implying that version number for the board is not important and

I can build the SD Card for P1020RDB-PD and use it to bring up P1020RDB-PA…?

Again what we have is P1020RDB-PA  Rev. A  with CPU Rev. 1.0

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Naum

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right. Change u-boot configuration for your board using SDK.

Have a great day,
Pavel

0 Kudos